Animal health certificate (1 Viewer)

MovingToFrance

Free Member
May 10, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Bel Air
The last discussion on pet health certificates and the cost was a year ago…..has anyone had a recent experience with reasonable prices? We live in Yorkshire but are using the ferry out of Newhaven. I contacted a vet in Newhaven who had very reasonable prices but they wanted us down there a week before we left, which defeats the purpose of finding an inexpensive vet…… happy to consider any vet on the way down who will take the info online and let us pick it up after they check their microchips

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are several threads about this with posts much more recent than a year ago. The top vet for this is Abbeywell at Folkestone who charge £99 for the first dog and £30 for each subsequent one. Once abroad you can then get a Pet passport Sono need for an AHC again

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Booked ours for 20th May Eurotunnel.....£200 - enquired at Pets at Home....not available at this time as shortage of vets but cost would have been £195 - Exeter area!!!

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The last discussion on pet health certificates and the cost was a year ago…..has anyone had a recent experience with reasonable prices? We live in Yorkshire but are using the ferry out of Newhaven. I contacted a vet in Newhaven who had very reasonable prices but they wanted us down there a week before we left, which defeats the purpose of finding an inexpensive vet…… happy to consider any vet on the way down who will take the info online and let us pick it up after they check their microchips
As Minxy says, there are many mentions of AHC prices in various threads on here.

Yorkshire covers a wide area. Are you anywhere near Otley, W. Yorks? I believe that Dales Vets there do an AHC for £75.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Booked ours for 20th May Eurotunnel.....£200 - enquired at Pets at Home....not available at this time as shortage of vets but cost would have been £195 - Exeter area!!!
Why not use Abbeywell near Eurotunnel?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I used Staveley vets just off jcn 30 of the M1, they were £100 in December

OP
OP
M

MovingToFrance

Free Member
May 10, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Bel Air
As Minxy says, there are many mentions of AHC prices in various threads on here.

Yorkshire covers a wide area. Are you anywhere near Otley, W. Yorks? I believe that Dales Vets there do an AHC for £75.
after reading prior feedback we are going with Abbywell then driving over to Newhaven. We are moving to France so will get them all let passports when we are settled…… thanks everyone x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back