Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Peter,

Not sure if you are still around these here parts...

I have just purchased a BBC B and since I have some RTTY gear from back in the day (actually bought for my C64 - I didn't have a Beeb the first time round), and was looking for options to hook up the gear to the Beeb; your callsign pops up against searches for BBC RTTY software/firmware so I wondered whether you still have any docs about how to interface kit to the Beeb so it will work with your app?

All the best

Nigel
Haven't been active for years I'm afraid - sorry. I don't even have a BBC micro these days

I wrote software for the Beeb which gave it ability to run AMTOR (both modes), RTTY and CW when interfaced to a transceiver. The interface connected via the 6522 VIA parallel port and needs an audio to digital interface as well as an accurate 1KHz reference signal.

In the day I worked with Johnny Melvin G3LIV who designed and sold the hardware interface which was a neat little box that connected with a ribbon cable. I don't know if he is still around as haven't spoken to him for about 30 years (!)

When I gave up radio, I passed all the software rights etc to BARTG. Don't know what happened then.

I also wrote a couple of articles for the BARTG magazine that explained how to write an extremely simple RTTY program in BBC Basic. I have a copy somewhere if you want me to send you a copy.

Since I stopped doing the radio data stuff I moved on to other things with PCs.

Sep 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Peter,

Thanks for the reply. If you would send me the articles that would be great.

I work in IT service management, having done stints with electronics and systems & networks. It's a nice change of pace to tinker with some of the older 8-bit gear.

Nigel

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
Peter,

Thanks for the reply. If you would send me the articles that would be great.

I work in IT service management, having done stints with electronics and systems & networks. It's a nice change of pace to tinker with some of the older 8-bit gear.

Nigel
Yes I loved the 6502 processor. The Amtor program was 16K of machine code written in 6502 assembler and supplied on an EPROM

I sold loads of them for £28 a pop which went to finance my hobby :LOL:

I sent them all over the world which was interesting when people phoned me in the middle of the night.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send a scanned copy of the article

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
It looks like I am too newbie to send PMs. Anyhow: linker3000-at-gmail-dot-com or nigel-at-linker3000-dot-com.

Thanks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back