Air getting into Water system (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Having clean through the cold water system with an approved product I flushed same twice and subsequently refilled it. All ok. That was 2 months ago , now on our travels and I have air being sucked in from somewhere on the tank side of the Flowjet pump as the water flow spits and coughs when the taps are opened. The only two possible causes are poor connection on the stand pipe into the tank or the joint going into the pump. I have taped both joints to see if it cures the problem.
The joints are Truma so no locking tabs.
Any thoughts from the wise ones?

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We had a similar problem on our Pilote P716 it turned out to be the little filter that is fitted just before the pump. I had cleaned it although when I removed the domed cover there was no debris in the filter, I ended up buying a new pump thinking that the non return valve was faulty it did not cure the problem. After much head scratching and attempting to cure the problem I was looking at the pipe work from the tank to the pump I saw the water returning to the tank when the taps were turned off.

I never really found out why the filter was letting air get in it did not leak water when the tap was turned on and the water was flowing, but then again there would be no pressure as the pump was sucking up the water from the tank, after repeatedly taking the filter top off and refitting it, it suddenly stopped letting the water return to the tank. I never did figure out why it did it or what I did that was any different.

Just might be worth checking if you have the same problem.

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Doesn’t have a bowel filter, small gauze inline cartridge, all clean .

timbo99

Free Member
Apr 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
SWIFT BOLERO 2018
we had a similar mysterious air leak in our bolero. Turns out the shower mixer tap had a hairline crack from frost damage. I replaced the whole tap with a metal body one from eBay which looks identical to the swift one. I bet swift make an annual fortune on selling frost damaged replacement taps ! The difference in weight between the swift plastic tap and the new metal tap was 90gms. By the way Martin what's a "bowel" filter :giggle:

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Problem solved, it was the seal on the inline filter prior to the pump.
All good now thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back