AHC online (1 Viewer)

Aug 9, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout
Exp
Since 2016
Having sent the required photos of our dogs UK pet passport, together with simple info requested, have received confirmation from Abbeywell vets in Folkestone that they will issue our Animal Health Certificate on 8th Feb. Just have to present myself and Max at the practice between 10am and 6pm for him to be scanned. Cost £99 which was about £90 cheaper than our local vets who really were not that keen on the idea of doing them. I got an acknowledgement email when I first contacted them and confirmation about 4 days later (included weekend) that they could issue it. I like the idea that they are close by if there are any problems with it when we present it at the chunnel but I would expect with them doing so many it will be fine.

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
We just got quoted £225 for a AHC by our vets in Ringwood which includes our 10% Healthy Pet Club discount. Now contacting Abbeywell vets in Folkestone who will do it for £99 apparently. We send a photocopy of the Pet Passport (now useless of course but it does have all the information), present the dog and us for inspection the day of collection and job done. You have to do it all online as they won't talk and if that's how they keep the cost down that's fine.
If the EU and the UK can't work out a simple formula for pets to travel what hope is there they are ever going to get rid of the miles of trucks queued up at ports while every dot, dash and comma is checked on their paperwork?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What if you haven’t got a pet passport, can they do it just with the vaccination record

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Great info, many thanks. Just filled in the form from our vets and it now says £205 charge...We are going to Folkestone anyway to catch the Chunnel so maybe make a diversion to Abbeywell. The saving will pay for a nice meal and a half tank of fuel!

OP
OP
angiep
Aug 9, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Scout
Exp
Since 2016
Just to update how we got on. Collected the certificate on the 8th. Involved me signing in a couple of places, Max having his chip scanned and that was it. No problems at Pet control, in fact I got the impression that once they saw it was from Abbeywell there was not a lot of scrutiny as they knew it would comply. We were even lucky enough to get an on road parking place outside the vets for colection. No need for an appointment just turn up. Really stress free and I would thoroughly recommend.
After an epic 360 mile drive by hubby we are now pitched up at Saint Jean d'Angles. Looks like a lovely spot and we are going to stay tomorrow before heading down to Andalusia. Great to be travelling again.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
and for anyone going from Portsmouth

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
and for anyone going from Portsmouth
Used these last year for my 2 pups. Very efficient and we went through pet control without any issues.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We have a new-to-us 6mth old Labrador which we will be taking to Greece with us at the end of April. Because we‘re taking her to be checked over by our local vet anyway next Thursday, we asked them to start the rabies and AHC process. I’ve no idea what they’re going to charge as we didn’t ask because it needs to be done and easier to do it here than en route.
If the cost is high then next time we may well use Abbeywell.
Whilst in Greece we plan to get her an EU passport for ease of travel.

Oct 4, 2019
Milford on Sea
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Has anyone any information on going through Switzerland to Italy? As I understand it the AHC is valid for one entry and exit into and out of the EU. Switzerland is not EU and has their own arrangements with the EU (which we seem unable to replicate!) so technically going into Switzerland would cancel the validity of the AHC or have I got it wrong? Daughter lives in Switzerland so we have to go before anyone suggests taking an alternative route. Ella is quite small so maybe just keep stum as the borders are not heavily scrutinised unless you are Swiss and have a load of cheap meat from Carrefour.

InvictaMoto

Free Member
Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Just cost me £82 to get Reggie his rabies jab and have the vet complete and send off the form off Abbeywell's website.

Would have been easier to drop it in as I was parked outside the surgery today!

Sent off the other form.

How long before everyone got an acknowledgement....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back