Ahc On Facebook (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
There is a group on Facebook called 'Animal Health Certificate'.

If you 'do' Facebook it's worth checking to see if there is a vet near you that offers cheaper AHCs.

I found one in Bury St Edmunds about 20 mins away that charges £100, my vet wanted £190.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I joined this yesterday.

If we get away at Easter the home boarding fee for our two dogs would be about £800.

Big dog, Yogi, hates travelling so I think we will home board him. Nala loves the Motorhome so thinking of going down the AHC route.

One thing that really worries me is that a lot of vets seem to get it wrong and it seems a real issue at the port/tunnel. The implications of that don’t bear thinking about.

Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
One thing that really worries me is that a lot of vets seem to get it wrong and it seems a real issue at the port/tunnel. The implications of that don’t bear thinking about.
I'd get it done by someone who does a lot of them - ie a vet near a port or the tunnel.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm giving this thread a bump as the AHC FB group has some useful information. If you join and look in the Files section there is a file listing vets in the UK who will issue an AHC online. There are now 16 doing this. You still have to present the dog when you collect the AHC for its microchip to be read but the savings are worth it.

We've gone down the route of getting an EU pet passport but if you need an AHC the online route is cheaper if you can use one of these vets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back