Advice Please (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Unfortunately I've broken off the end of the waste water drain pipe on my Hymer. The nature of the break looks as if it would be a simple fix, but what adhesive/solvent. Would normal UK rigid pipe solvent be suitable?

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
On an old van I gave up on original outlet and capped it with that really strong two tube mixed glue and a cap. Then drilled a new outlet convenient size and position and fitted new tank outlet in common size from pond supplies company

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Would normal UK rigid pipe solvent be suitable?
No, that won't be strong enough for an end to end but connection.
It needs a proper sleeve with internal glue and glue externally on the broken pipe.
If the break is under, and not in, the van just leave it

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Unfortunately I've broken off the end of the waste water drain pipe on my Hymer. The nature of the break looks as if it would be a simple fix, but what adhesive/solvent. Would normal UK rigid pipe solvent be suitable?
I tore off all of my brittle grey waste pipe. Long grass, a big dip hidden and crunch. Instant grey discharge and a pee’d of Bear.

Collected the parts and with the help of some old plastic pipe I recovered from a skip, merely bonded them together with this. Awesome stuff, easy peasy to use and fixed the job better than new.

Cheap, easy and quick setting.

IMG_0318.jpeg

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Can you add a photo of the break?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.