ACSI Camping Card: Discounts only in low season? (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autostar
I've taken the plunge and just recieved my acsi camping card and books..for €26....
I have a couple of questions
Is it only low season that you get the discounts.....??
I am going to Germany in May and the campsites still seem quite expensive compared to france...
Have I wasted my money ??..
Are stellplatz and s4s better.. ??.
now that I have the books , do I have to pay 26 euros every year , or can I just renew the card itself...
Thanks for any advice..
I live in France where high season is normally July and August when you wont get the discount. Having said that, I'd highly recommend ACSI. It's an annual renewal but for me paid for itself on my very first weekend stop.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We use ACSI all the time, both book and App. We also have a book for all the French sites we picked it up in a big French supermarket. It is quite useful as it also lists private and municipal site. There is a BUT as it is in French but still found it very useful!

OP
OP
B

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
For what it costs Brian it’s worth getting.
Also many sites will accepting instead of asking for your passport.

We always ask or look for the signs when enquiring at a sites reception. If they do then remember the std cost also includes electric
Thanks Graham...I've got them now..strange thing happened..I paid, they said its been posted..it didn't arrive,..contacted them and they said I should have it but they'll send another one..two days later the pack came....4 days after that, another pack came..now I have 4 books and two cards....the cards are mixed up so I won't know which one will work until I've tried them..🤣🤣🤣🤣

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Thanks Graham...I've got them now..strange thing happened..I paid, they said its been posted..it didn't arrive,..contacted them and they said I should have it but they'll send another one..two days later the pack came....4 days after that, another pack came..now I have 4 books and two cards....the cards are mixed up so I won't know which one will work until I've tried them..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Like buses then 😂😂

Mar 29, 2020
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
We never used the books when we HAD to have them. The app is much easier to use and seamlessly links to your favourite navigation app.
The digital subscription is a far better eco solution to save trees and saves us money. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
I’m willing to buy the spare set. Surely both cards will work

Brian
I would give you them mate but when i contacted them they said they would cancel the first card and re issue another one but didn't ask for the books back.....plus my missus has mixed the cards up, so I don't know which one is the most recent..

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I think this may be because I think all the new cards this year are like a plastic credit card, not the previous piece of card generically part of the book cover. That was how my mates new one was

trevor 87

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 24, 2008
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glen 560
Exp
I've taken the plunge and just recieved my acsi camping card and books..for €26....
I am going to Germany in May and the campsites still seem quite expensive compared to france...
now that I have the books , do I have to pay 26 euros every year , or can I just renew the card itself...
Thanks for any advice..
Most of Europe the schools start shutting June 10 reopen the 1st week of September high season ( yes are daughter has 12 weeks holiday 🤦‍♂️ so the last week before the start o& the school year is when the sites start emptying and most tourist place remain open until 1week of October certainly at lake balafon where we are

Sep 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer b class mct
Thanks for any advice..
I hit the books dnd card last year, this year they just asked for payment for the card, 5 euros or something?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644
Exp
Since 2004~
Thanks for any advice..
The card changes annually. The new one will have a significant 202x graphic and comes attached to the new books.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back