ACSI Camping Card: Discounts only in low season? (1 Viewer)

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
I've taken the plunge and just recieved my acsi camping card and books..for €26....
I have a couple of questions
Is it only low season that you get the discounts.....??
I am going to Germany in May and the campsites still seem quite expensive compared to france...
Have I wasted my money ??..
Are stellplatz and s4s better.. ??.
now that I have the books , do I have to pay 26 euros every year , or can I just renew the card itself...
Thanks for any advice..

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Depends on the stellplatz. But some I prefer to camp sites as easier to drive around, not usually kids on scooters flying around, no long stay mouldy awnings.
Topplatz has some good ones. If you stay by a wellness spa they are great.
But limited time at each.

OP
OP
B

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Yes only low season but high season doesn't usually start until July.

Yes every year you pay for new books 👍
Thank you..could I just keep the same book as a general guide and pay for a new card as it expires December.. it seems a bit pointless buying new books when it's possible nothing much has changed..

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thank you..could I just keep the same book as a general guide and pay for a new card as it expires December.. it seems a bit pointless buying new books when it's possible nothing much has changed..
No not as far as I know. Give last years books to a friend.. Or better still, bin them 🤣 only joking

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

The books change. Some sites join ACSI, others leave. ACSI low season prices go up.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Bazzagas if you are going to Germany in May be aware that Ascension day is 9th May and Pentecost 20 May. These are huge holidays long weekends and sites will be full, don't ask me how I know! (Twice)

If you have an idea of where you want to be you would be wise to book a campsite if you plan to stay on one during these holiday periods.

Stellplatzes will also be busier than usually. We also had issues with Dutch sites on the border area being full as well!

Don't be out off though there are some great places to visit you just might need to plan a bit more.

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Bazzagas if you are going to Germany in May be aware that Ascension day is 9th May and Pentecost 20 May. These are huge holidays long weekends and sites will be full, don't ask me how I know! (Twice)

If you have an idea of where you want to be you would be wise to book a campsite if you plan to stay on one during these holiday periods.

Stellplatzes will also be busier than usually. We also had issues with Dutch sites on the border area being full as well!

Don't be out off though there are some great places to visit you just might need to plan a bit more.
Just curious as we go to italy then will those dates be busy as they are Catholic

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
No, the card is attached to one of the 2 volumes. But you can now save a bit of money by buying a digital only subscription - I think that saves £5 a year.

OP
OP
B

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar

Thanks..Good to know..

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
PeterCarole29 hard to say about Italy but if you use ACSI check the dates when the discounts apply. That will give you a clue as to the busy periods.

What I do know is that unless you like crowds, avoid the Italian lakes and northern Alps ( dolomites) during Bavarian half term in May/ June which I think can last for 2 weeks.

It would seem that everyone moves from Bavaria!! You can get in but booking is advised and very very busy.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Digital subscription, no books, everything on Phone, Tablet or PC saves a few Euros too..17.95€ per year...

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Right, I am seriously confused! We want to take advantage of ACSI discounts but I can't decide which of the five options I need. (see image below) Could someone explain which one covers all bases so to speak? Do I also need a membership card? Many thanks.
Screen Shot 2024-02-11 at 09.41.19.png

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Right, I am seriously confused! We want to take advantage of ACSI discounts but I can't decide which of the five options I need. (see image below) Could someone explain which one covers all bases so to speak? Do I also need a membership card? Many thanks.
View attachment 864365
I just buy the first one (from £16.95 two year sign up) you get 2 books a map and card.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
View attachment 864365
Personal choice but i have had the books for years but have now changed to the app and its cheaper if you have the club id which also serves as a passport on most sites .(it does have your passport details on it. )

May 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Legend
I've taken the plunge and just recieved my acsi camping card and books..for €26....
I am going to Germany in May and the campsites still seem quite expensive compared to france...
now that I have the books , do I have to pay 26 euros every year , or can I just renew the card itself...
Thanks for any advice..
Many campsites have a very short period that they don't let you use the ACSI card. Some I found only had two weeks that they called high season. I've stayed two weeks into July still using the ACSI card.

OP
OP
B

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
Many campsites have a very short period that they don't let you use the ACSI card. Some I found only had two weeks that they called high season. I've stayed two weeks into July still using the ACSI card.
So, if they don't take acsi I would just pay the full price..

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just an observation. In our travels we've occasionally come across places that offer deals which work out less than ACSI, always worth checking when you arrive. Also, although they're not really supposed to, some campsites limit the number of ACSI pitches and they're usually inferior to the standard.

Actually this thread had made me think; we get our ACSI books/card automatically every year by direct debit but when I think about the number of times we've actually used an ACSI site over the last couple of years I'm wondering if it's really worth it. We tend to use aires etc., only going onto campsites for things like washing, proper showers etc or if we need a hookup for some reason. I've had the same thoughts about our CMHC/CCC subs too.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
So, if they don't take acsi I would just pay the full price..
For what it costs Brian it’s worth getting.
Also many sites will accepting instead of asking for your passport.

We always ask or look for the signs when enquiring at a sites reception. If they do then remember the std cost also includes electric

May 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4i
The app has extensive listing's of each site, including cost and discount periods.

Nov 2, 2022
Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Eliseo C602
Exp
Since 2016
We never used the books when we HAD to have them. The app is much easier to use and seamlessly links to your favourite navigation app.
The digital subscription is a far better eco solution to save trees and saves us money. (y)

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
I’m interested, I usually go early March but going mid September this year. Is there a definitive answer as to when high season ends
Can anyone advise please?

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I’m interested, I usually go early March but going mid September this year. Is there a definitive answer as to when high season ends
Can anyone advise please?

The details of each site, either in the app or books, will state when the card is accepted for discount.

Generally, July and August (often Christmas, New Year and Easter) are high season.
So outside these periods the card discount applies. Although some sites also accept the card from around 20th August.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
The details of each site, either in the app or books, will state when the card is accepted for discount.

Generally, July and August (often Christmas, New Year and Easter) are high season.
So outside these periods the card discount applies. Although some sites also accept the card from around 20th August.
Mucho gracias for your quick and informative reply Graham 👍

prb

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 10, 2015
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Four years
Thanks for any advice..
The book (and probably the app) tells you when the discounts apply. Saved the cost in one stay at Bayeux last year.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
The book (and probably the app) tells you when the discounts apply. Saved the cost in one stay at Bayeux last year.
It may be me but I’m struggling on the App to see when dates apply which are shown in the books

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back