ACSI again (1 Viewer)

Bazzagas

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato bessacar
I have just received my acsi camping card and books..I paid 26.95 euros Inc.delivery...Is it worth getting the app now or wait until the end of the year when I can subscribe and get the app instead of the books...I don't like the books..the pages are very thin..
Is it worth getting the acsi club id membership..it says you won't need your passport, the info is on the card...thats OK for me, but what about my wife..Will she still have to show hers..

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I stopped getting the ID, wasn’t worth the money and never replaced the passport anywhere I’ve been.

The books are useless compared to the easily accessible info in the App so I’ve always had both and never used the books, but now changed to the digital subscription. Saving final decision to see how the year goes with no card to present or hand over, which was common I found.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Have been using ACSI for years and also have the ID card. Our experience is very positive; converted to digital few years ago and I find it brilliant and have it on phone and tablet. Don't bother with books any more.

Never had a problem with the ID card. Always accepted instead of passport, and wife's passport never asked for. Leave ID card with reception, pick it up when you leave. Used in NL, B, D, F, E, P and I.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I got the books yesterday, I registered the card online.. . Then it beckons "search for a site?" hmm 🤔 I thought I had to use the books, so am I digital as well?

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
I got the books yesterday, I registered the card online.. . Then it beckons "search for a site?" hmm 🤔 I thought I had to use the books, so am I digital as well?
Don't know, but why not download the app and see if you can then download to the app all the digital detail for the various countries. On digital large countries with lots of sites are identified separately for download; smaller countries or those with fewer sites are grouped together geographically. Quite a lot of data.

Regards,

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
In Spain any credible Campsite would require a visitor to produce ID or Passport for all members of your party..
I'm aware that some don't...as a safeguard the ACSI ID could be left at reception and given back on leaving..
This raises once again on here, if the Digital Card could be processed to secure the guarantee of payment....I personally believe it could...
Going Paperless is a step in the right direction...afterall we manage quite well with P4N and SfS apps...so why not ACSI..
My recent ACSI Digital subscription runs for one year from date of application...Happy travels folks..

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
So ... just for clarification, all I need to purchase is the CampingCard ACSI Digital subscription and then I don't need a physical card or books?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
So ... just for clarification, all I need to purchase is the CampingCard ACSI Digital subscription and then I don't need a physical card or books?
You've got it.....the system offered is in my opinion the best option so far....
Getting cards and hard copies of books has always been challenging for those who travelled before the next year's copies landed...

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
We use the books and are happy with them. As we don’t book ahead, Jeanette can scour the direction we are going on the maps and decide, while I drive. I expect you can do the same on the app but as you wish.
We have an ACSI ID card but I will probably stop it next year, I haven’t found it useful; most sites ask for a passport (or both).

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The digital subscription runs for a full year from when you buy it unlike the print version. It includes the app and is significantly cheaper as well.
The books were awkward to use and took up space. The digital one can run on up to 3 devices.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
I have realised why I never seem to get a discount with acsi. I was using the wrong app. Acsi euro campings app lists sites inspected by acsi. The camping card app lists the discounted sites.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back