LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
When I ring or receive a call the only way I can hear anything is via the speaker phone. I'm pulling my hair out. Suggestions?

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
I have had this problem. After using Bluetooth for google maps etc.I turn phone off and let it reboot. It seems to clear the problem.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Abdroid? Have you got a cold? Seriously though, another vote for turn it off, give it a couple of minutes to recover itself and try again. If it's still a problem try this checklist:

Some Problems in Android Phone that Hamper in-call volume​

There might be some issues with your Android phone, which hampers your in-call volume.

1. Your DND (Do Not Disturb) mode might be active. Make sure you always turn it off while attending calls.

2. There might be any application running simultaneously or in the background which is controlling or using the phone’s volume.

3. Your Android phone is connected with another device via Bluetooth, which is hampering the in-call volume.

4. The speaker of your mobile phone might be having some hardware issues.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now I know you are exaggerating ... you ain't got THAT much hair to pull out! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Long pull down on notification shade.
Long press on Bluetooth icon
On each of "paired devices" tap on cog wheel
Check if "Call Audio" is on.
Adjust as required...

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Buy an iPhone. A few years ago, I bought a Kindle Fire and an Android phone in an attempt at dropping Apple products…….. now back on an iPhone and iPad. Simplicity is everything
Why attempt dropping them then, out of curiosity?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
As already said - Power Off and Power On.

This week, my Iphone decided that it didn’t like dialling 0345 numbers. Every other number, no problem.

After wasting half an hour googling solutions with no answers forthcoming, I POWPOWed it and it now works perfectly. 🤔

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
data.jpg

Pete

Tonks68

Free Member
Mar 28, 2020
South East
Funster No
MH
Hopefully one day
Exp
I’m a newbie
Why attempt dropping them then, out of curiosity?
I just had one of those moments Monzer and felt I needed to take a stand against Apple corporate domination. But when I did and started using the alternatives, I soon realised the benefits of apples closed yet simple system. An expensive lesson learnt.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I just had one of those moments Monzer and felt I needed to take a stand against Apple corporate domination. But when I did and started using the alternatives, I soon realised the benefits of apples closed yet simple system. An expensive lesson learnt.
Fair do's.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Or, a rather expensive solution. I am not a fan of android smartphones, in fact I sometimes hate mine because of quirky problems that happen at awkward moments, but at least mine is cheap and will be cheap to replace if I decide to give it the lump hammer treatment.
FAOD I am also not a fan of Microshaft's OS but I am stuck because of the cost of replacing all my peripherals and software with something else.

I am chafing mentally due to the aggregate effects of creeping digital-only imposition and compelled change in our consumer behaviour (for whose convenience?) I distrust being forced into digital dependency. An example: our Council has started converting all its car parks into pay-by-phone only. This change will exclude some of the dwindling number of regular shoppers, and people attending other events and hospitality businesses. Another nail in the High Street's coffin. Continuing to pay by cheque or cash becomes an act of resistance, albeit a small one.

We could debate what is exploitative, controlling, and monopolistic about Apple. Apple's CEO who is basically the current manager of the business is now a billionaire thanks to his "compensation" package, so you know who really benefits most. Don't mention the unfortunate slaves workers at Foxconn, which has been asked by Apple to move some production to Vietnam presumably at least partly to cut manufacturing costs. Awful company.

This rant isn't aimed at you personally. I just wanted to get it off my chest. Apologies if you take umbrage.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Yet in the UK apple is only slightly more popular than android. I've never felt the need to try apple I'm using my android phone with a pretty good spec bought new outright for£140 and a sim only deal at £6 a month. Now if you could find a similar apple deal I might think about switching what does a typical apple deal cost a year?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
ShiftZZ ... you sorted yet? Just wondering if any of your bonce still has a bit of fluffy covering? :giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Still cant sort out the phone sound, I can only hear calls on speaker phone.
Okay, tell me what phone you've got and I'll see what I can find out.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Actually that's not such a daft thing to say as it could be dirt in the 'ear speaker' that's the issue rather than a 'human' ear, it could also be where the earpiece plugs into which can make the phone think you have one plugged in so mute the 'ear speaker'. Have you tried cleaning the orifices Dave?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Sorry to be of no help at all, but I have an A70 with the same problem. When I dropped it and had to replace the screen, I put in a new earpeice module and a new loudspeaker module. It made no difference, still no earpeice sound.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Time for a new one. The A70 was released in april 2019. I know some people keep them years but they get slower and slower, probably crippleware 🙄

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yet in the UK apple is only slightly more popular than android. I've never felt the need to try apple I'm using my android phone with a pretty good spec bought new outright for£140 and a sim only deal at £6 a month. Now if you could find a similar apple deal I might think about switching what does a typical apple deal cost a year?
I have very similar, although mine is £8 but that is unlimited everything.
Can't believe some of the prices folks claim on here.
Also use it as my only computer, no other laptop or anything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back