"A Year in Spain" My "last gasp" attempt at posting (informative info). (10 Viewers)

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Journal threads do appear in what's new.

The "issue" at the moment is that people don't know where to comment.
When they do comment it goes back to the top of what's new just like this thread, only once it drops off the first page, finding it is not by the usual method.
Pop into journals. Ignore my first 2 attempts. Bergues and dangerous roads and read 28 days in Languedoc or the one in Germany or Scotland.
The other beauty is you don't have to publish it if you don't want to. It also keeps a map

I've found you in Journals, but I had to go looking for where they are as I've never looked for them before.

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
Please just pop an odd word of support/or not on someone's thread. It's soul destroying to think you're talking to yourself 😊.

Even negative comments are, sometimes, better than silence.
I will make sure I do. I see you are planning on doing French side of the Pyrenees. A visit to Thuir (pronounced Tweer) is worth doing. Lovely little town, we used to have a house there. You’re near Perpignan and the coast. There’s a great vineyard nearby run by a New Zealand and Yorkshire couple, Domaine Treloar. Excellent wines. If you go to that area post some pics. I do miss that part of the world.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I will make sure I do. I see you are planning on doing French side of the Pyrenees. A visit to Thuir (pronounced Tweer) is worth doing. Lovely little town, we used to have a house there. You’re near Perpignan and the coast. There’s a great vineyard nearby run by a New Zealand and Yorkshire couple, Domaine Treloar. Excellent wines. If you go to that area post some pics. I do miss that part of the world.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to Google it now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Neither do I Judith, but someone well versed in these things will no doubt be along to enlighten us both soon! 🤞
I only started reading halfway through when I was tagged.
I must admit I thought I was on dbks thread.
If you want, as I have made numerous errors on the journals, I could try to create a "journals for dummies" thread.

I am certainly not saying I have all the answers but my errors may help you.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
No problems, if you do the Pyrenees then I highly recommend popping into Andorra it packs a punch and will certainly give you some decent cycle routes
We pushed our bikes up a Pyrenean hill today.
1.7 Kms long 300 m rise.
They were electric sobweighed more making the pushing part harder

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
No problems, if you do the Pyrenees then I highly recommend popping into Andorra it packs a punch and will certainly give you some decent cycle routes

We have been to Andorra a few times. We used to do the via ferratas there. We're going to try to get back into some easy ones again, now my injuries have repaired 🤞

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If I'm going to do a year of posts, you'll have to take the rough (maybe boring) with the smooth (maybe less boring 😂).
Small talk is sometimes the good stuff…🙂

I follow because you go to places I can’t really get too, although I’m going to push my e-trike this trip…

Just arrived in France tonight….😎

Feb 6, 2019
Santa Maria de Palautordera, Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560 1992
Exp
Since 2017
An echo for all the other responders please don't stop. I'll have to click more likes or informed icons.

One thing I really think about before posting is whether what I post will contribute to the discussion and help inform readers. I have written long pieces at times, read them and then deleted because it was off-topic, too personal or my own flight of fancy that wouldn't add anything to what had already been posted or be in any way useful. I also tend to avoid posting when I can't verify facts both about my own MH experience or what others have written.

I think that's healthy but the icons are at least an indication of reading!!

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Good morning

Thanks for all your responses, it's very heartening 💕. We had a quiet night again here, at least outside. In my ears I had a whole orchestra of sounds. I've got tinnitus 😡😡. It came on the night before we did our Don Quixote ride a few weeks ago. The meds from the GP don't seem to be working. I'll have to go back when we get back from this trip.

We're riding our bikes from the next village up the hill today, Velez Blanco, and then moving on to a new overnight spot, possibly to the motorhome parking at Puebla de don fadrique.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Small talk is sometimes the good stuff…🙂

I follow because you go to places I can’t really get too, although I’m going to push my e-trike this trip…

Just arrived in France tonight….😎

Well done for getting all your work done and already in France 😊. I'll be following your trip with interest.

Your trike will be ideal on some of the via verdes. We enjoy riding them.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I’ve pressed FOLLOW on jumartoo but it’s never worked on other people I tried to follow , so I hope it works

It doesn't seem to work like it used to. We used to get the avatars of "followees" at the side of the screen so you could see them when they were online.

I don't see anything now, and don't get an alert. I don't know how it's supposed to work.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
It’s a fine balance I think with comments. With the journal it’s the journey. comments far too often seem to push threads off track and can upset the the thread “owners” ( LennyBs and Northernraider come to mind)
im enjoying popping into Suavecarve journeys - without the comments
probably room fir both approaches but if I’m following a travelogue thread I skip the comments! Still! If that feed back is important fir you I’m quite happy to do that to have your in put. Your north Spain travels are wonderfully informative so thank you

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I don't expect, and I suppose I wouldn't want, lots of chat and especially questions 😂, but an occasional question or bit of info would be nice.

Anyway. We drove up to the castle at Velez Blanco. A group of people in a car were getting into costumes (medieval?). We went for our ride which went really well, I even rode 99.9% of the single track. I pushed up one bouldery bit that almost stopped Martin. One silly fall could make another similar scenario to last year.

The ride was good, except towards the end. We came across a high gate, but nothing stopping us going around it, so we continued. The other end, though, with the road tantalisingly the other side, wasn't so easy to manoeuvre. Martin had to get both our bikes up a steep bank whilst I held a, very old, broken, fence down to the ground. What a pity that the route we were following went that way.

When we arrived back at the parking, the reason for the medieval, costume cladding, people seemed to be something happening up in the castle, two huge coaches and lots of cars. We didn't go to find out. A 40 minute drive to our next spot, before lunch, was more important.

A quick stop on the way here, to photo some Griffon Vultures, almost made "Beer o'clock" late 😂.

Lunch/dinner today is in the van to use a lentil bolognese we brought with us.

DSCN4153~2.JPG
DSCN4158~2.JPG
DSCN4164~2.JPG
DSCN4168~2.JPG
DSCN4169~2.JPG
DSCN4172~2.JPG

Some poppies have made it through the dry ground.

DSCN4173~2.JPG

Dry river bed. A bit bumpy and gravelly.

DSCN4174~2.JPG

Velez Blanco, taken from our almost furthest point.

DSCN4176~2.JPG

Font, in the village

DSCN4177~2.JPG

DSCN4180~2.JPG
DSCN4178~2.JPG

Griffon Vultures.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We pushed our bikes up a Pyrenean hill today.
1.7 Kms long 300 m rise.
They were electric sobweighed more making the pushing part harder
Walk mode...do you have such thing... fortunately we do...great setting to get you out of trouble....let me know which route you were riding... I'll know to avoid it...🤔❤️👍☹️

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Another long-time follower of your travels here. Sorry for not commenting much but gave Likes regularly. I think your biking exertions intimidated me into silence. :ROFLMAO:

Threads like this and Lenny HB's, for example, are great information for those exploring Spain and beyond. Thanks to you all for making time to share your experiences.

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Walk mode...do you have such thing... fortunately we do...great setting to get you out of trouble....let me know which route you were riding... I'll know to avoid it...🤔❤️👍☹️
Nice to see you both(on here🤣) on your travels. Hope you're both well.
Like others, I always enjoy your travels, my Google maps is littered with your suggestions.
Enjoy your trip, keep posting and give our regards to Kay and David when you see them.

Terry

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Nice to see you both(on here🤣) on your travels. Hope you're both well.
Like others, I always enjoy your travels, my Google maps is littered with your suggestions.
Enjoy your trip, keep posting and give our regards to Kay and David when you see them.

Terry

Nice to see you posting 🌝. I often wonder when we'll see you again? We all well remember the first meeting, when you were broken down in a quiet spot, somewhere in France, and you were surrounded by orienteers, many of them Spanish 😂.

I think we all went to a Catalan kid's birthday party?

The kid, with cream all around her face, is now a very nice young lady, with a good singing voice. Unfortunately we no longer see them in the flesh, only keep in contact via internet 😥.

We've just done the 5 day Don Quixote ride with David and Kay. David is now riding back to Murcia from Canfranc Station. I'll definitely send them your regards when we see them next.

Let's hope we can all meet up again somewhere soon.

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Lac du Causse outside Brive! The 4 of you kept us sane when the van broke down.

The aire was a great little stop that we'd like to re-visit in less stressful times.

We haven't been back on the continent since lockdown started when we were in Calpe, but last year we went to Ireland and got the dog an Irish passport so we intend to get over later in the year.

I had a new hip 18mths ago and I'm due the other in 3 weeks. All being well, we hope to do a bit of northern Spain in September.

Look forward to catching up.

Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back