A new option for a PC in the Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009

Its a very compact PC, powered by a USB C connector (states 18W consumption) and has an HDMI port so could connect to a TV or projector.

Various operating systems get a mention as it's an Intel x86 architecture - although it wont run iOS.

Will it be popular?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I can't see anything in your link but there are quite a few small form PCs available now. I use an MS Surface Go 2 as a portable solution for running the Windows software I need for my ham radio stuff. For me this is more convenient as it will work anywhere and easily carried in a rucksack but if you are looking for something just for the MH the mini-PCs are an option. My concern would be I would want to use it with a proper high resolution monitor at the right height and distance from my eyes. Something you probably won't get using the MH TV.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I can't see anything in your link but there are quite a few small form PCs available now. I use an MS Surface Go 2 as a portable solution for running the Windows software I need for my ham radio stuff. For me this is more convenient as it will work anywhere and easily carried in a rucksack but if you are looking for something just for the MH the mini-PCs are an option. My concern would be I would want to use it with a proper high resolution monitor at the right height and distance from my eyes. Something you probably won't get using the MH TV.
Sorry - the link was from Indiegogo and now wont work for me either!

The company website is at https://picopc.net/products/pantera-pico-pc-1.
It says the video runs up to 4K and it passes all current requirements for Windows 11 (for those that want it!). Some full time van lifers may like the idea of having this in a cupboard linked to a big screen and being able to run it directly from leisure batteries.

1662130761613.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back