I'm a Tour Guide A 4 week trip to Spain and Portugal. (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks for taking the time to post the details & photos of your trip. We have a similar approach to travelling & places you've been.

I've book marked your thread for inspiration, sadly that will be a while as we've only been home a few weeks ourselves!

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Seville Area Autocaravannas Gelves Marina
Quite a few people had recommended this stop and we were lucky to get one of the last 2 spaces. Arrive early is my recommendation as lots of vans move on every day. 30 euros per night but worth it for location. Services including toilets and showers and EHU.
In April it's normally €20 but Feria week it went up to Peak season price. We only stayed two nights. Couldn't get the bus back because of so many road closures for the parades. Went a few stops on the metro and caught the bus halfway back.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Haro does have a free aire I'd you wanted to save a few euros It's very good. Thank you for your list of places to stay very handy for future trips .
Good info, but not having quite as large a van as you 🤔, we tend to need a place with good showers every couple of days and knew the next 2 stops had none.

Mar 2, 2021
UK & Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for your posts.

We are staying at Camping Haro on Wednesday and didn't know that we could purchase some wine in boxes from the campsite, so thanks for the info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
13.Cordoba - my favourite in this area. A bit more manageable than Seville and more to it than Ronda. The parking area recommended by someone in Gelves, was manned by a Looky Looky man who got 5 euros out of me (I started with 3) but later I watched how the Spanish do it, a few coins literally back handed but you need to be able to talk the language. Anyway, we were happy with the spot. No facilities.
A very good, short, walk into town on wide pavements (not always a given) between the Zoo and the Botanical Gardens. We took turns to go into the Mesquita (Mosque/Cathedral ) which was well worth a visit. Later that night, the centre was close enough for another walk in at dusk to stroll across the river on the Roman bridge, in the warm air, like a local.

https://park4night.com/lieu/49076/
View attachment 891028
One of our favourite stops this winter

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks for your posts.

We are staying at Camping Haro on Wednesday and didn't know that we could purchase some wine in boxes from the campsite, so thanks for the info.
Try both the reception shop and the adjacent bar. They didn’t seem to stock very much.

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
20. Haro, Camping Haro, ACSI 25 € all facilities. A bit pricey for a quick night but it was where we wanted to be.
We have stayed here twice before and always stock up on bag in box Rioja from the campsite bar, 11 € 5 litres. The campsite reception also has a selections of good bottles ranging from 5 to 11 euros a bottle. You can, of course, go to the Bodegas area Estacíon de Tren, and do wine tasting and buying. A nice little town on the river, easy to walk to from campsite.

https://park4night.com/lieu/118296/

Burgos, just a quick in and out for the vet visit. A Saturday so only open in the morning and booked in advance for 11:30 am so we had an early (for us) start from Haro. We had intended to stop over at the Area Autocaravanas mentioned nearby, when I booked it. However, I later read that closed on market day, Saturday and actually I couldn’t find it on Google street view. So we stayed in Haro. Vet in Haro didn’t have great reviews so I didn’t try and change appointment and we were tight on the window as all vets closed Saturday pm and Sunday and the sailing was on the Monday.

View attachment 891046
We were there last Wednesday night there before getting ferry home from Bilbao nice city

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back