6M MOTORHOMES (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
I am thinking of downsizing from my Dethleffs Esprit RT to a 6m motorhome and would welcome comments/advice on the Timberland Destiny and the Eldiss make of motorhomes, both used.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I forget about the makes and look at the individual motorhomes and get the layout you need. Most of the time, this brand is good, that brand bad, or this is better than that, just doesn't work with motorhomes, like it might with cars. All brands build quality can be up and down. Sorry I know that's not much help.

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I do the exact opposite, I research and look at the best build construction, then narrow that down to a few manufacturers and then look at individual models, size, layout etc.

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
If you are looking for a rear lounge 6m van, have a look at the Autosleepers Warwick Duo. We used to have one and it was great, in fact, our current van is just a stretched version of it.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Am thinking the OP has seen those 2 for sale, thinks they may fit the bill and wants user experience of said vans.
Can't help though sorry we downsized from a 4ton 7.4M overcab coach built with a garage to a 6M lowline, takes a bit of getting used to the reduced space, but we do love it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
After 6 caravans and 3 motorhomes, I have found that regardless of make what time of the year it was manufactured seems to make a big difference to the build quality, the manufacturers start production of the next year's models in June for release in Oct/ Nov so anything ordered at the February shows for delivery tend to be rushed to clear the decks for the new models.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Devon Conversions, Ferryhill.
Maybe not the most shiny & modern looking but the build quality on my 'Aztec' was very impressive. There are second hand ones about. A word of advice though: as well as brand new vans, if used stock is available at auction they will buy a fleet of 12-month old vehicles to convert. So you could get a brand new interior on a year-old vehicle. I was terribly confused the first time I saw one and did not understand what was going on :giggle:

I would have a Devon van again in a heartbeat IF the company could squash the layout of the Aztec into a 5.4m van with an Auto transmission . . . but they don't and Peter (the company owner) is very much of the school of "this is what we do, if you want something else, go somewhere else". Which is a damn shame.

Upvote 0
Oct 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Are you looking for a pvc? Elddis use new vans only. Devon are not far from me and have been having another building built last year so may be expanding. More of a bespoke manufacturer.
LIESUREBIT did a factory tour last year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Devon Conversions, Ferryhill.
Maybe not the most shiny & modern looking but the build quality on my 'Aztec' was very impressive. There are second hand ones about. A word of advice though: as well as brand new vans, if used stock is available at auction they will buy a fleet of 12-month old vehicles to convert. So you could get a brand new interior on a year-old vehicle. I was terribly confused the first time I saw one and did not understand what was going on :giggle:

I would have a Devon van again in a heartbeat IF the company could squash the layout of the Aztec into a 5.4m van with an Auto transmission . . . but they don't and Peter (the company owner) is very much of the school of "this is what we do, if you want something else, go somewhere else". Which is a damn shame.
Yes he definitely is like that, mention more winterisation and he goes off on one. “ They’re not for really cold weather, this is what we do, we’re not changing anything”

Shame because he’s very near us

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Roller Team Toleno L
We have a 6 m PVC with a rear lounge layout that suits us. The two things I would watch for is storage space and layout .
Ours has underslung water, waste & LPG tanks and underslung water and space heaters which maximises internal storage.
Any 6m van will need some compromise. We started looking at front lounge layouts as we thought a permanent bed was important but eventually settled on the rear lounge. With practice, I can make the bed up and get it packed away again in about 4 minutes at either end of the day while Mrs Southend is in the wash room. We both appreciate the extra lounge space in the evenings which the dual use space gives us.
So think about how you want to use what will be a limited amount of space and look at layouts rather than specific makes.

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
This is the van we have, bought it new in 2018 and have had no issues. Took 2 years looking and doing our homework before deciding to spend our hard earned cash on it. It's been the perfect van for us (y)

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
We've had our 604ff Rapido since new and are really happy with the layout being large kitchen large front lounge and fixed bed (no its a moving one, stored in roof). And being 6m must have a compromise, the shower room. Well until last week when i toured a dealers white arches and seen a load of 7 and 8m vans with smaller toilets. I think our toilet is more than adequate, even large and a bloody good design. You wont find many packing the ads.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back