4g mifi with ts9 connections for external aerial (1 Viewer)

DaveFromBarrow

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
Aboyne
Funster No
MH
Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
No reason not to. As I only get circa 12 down and 1 up at home I'm going to give it a go. Two birds, one stone.

d

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
No reason not to. As I only get circa 12 down and 1 up at home I'm going to give it a go. Two birds, one stone.

d
….unless you have any ‘smart’ devices at home that need broadband and a Wi-Fi signal whilst you’re away - like cameras, for example….

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
I've never found a reasonable priced aerial that works. Just now tried a twin aerial with magnetic bases you can stick on the van roof. Looks the biz. No difference. So mostly now use the phone with a decent data allowance as a hotspot.
Well our external antenna works brilliantly, it's a Mobilemark, simple fitting to outside, one hole to get cables inside to our router, a Netgear Nighthawk M2.
Super strong AND fast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Well our external antenna works brilliantly, it's a Mobilemark, simple fitting to outside, one hole to get cables inside to our router, a Netgear Nighthawk M2.
Super strong AND fast.
Pricy though! Bit above my pay grade. I'll look into it anyway. Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does anyone do this?It would be a great solution if so.
We did that for years as we didn't have a land line for phone nor internet, now all we have are our phones for home and away use.

Sep 11, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
yes and two stubby antennas included
It's very hard to get mifi's from a UK source with aerial connections
Going via AliExpress was cheap as chips and reliable.
Just look for Global Versions
when I try to buy from aliexpress it says will not post to uk ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Of course, if you go for a full-on 4G/5G solution you could use it as your home broadband and simply take it with you when MH'ing.

d
I'm sure that will happen one day but I suspect that at present broadband suppliers will find a way to stop us doing it or reduce 5G throughput to minimal levels to protect their profits!

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Received my KuWfi LTE 4G router yesterday (y) This morning I took my 3 SIM from my phone, powered it on and hey presto all working :giggle: with zero configuration required. Of course I've since changed passwords etc and manually set it to use 4G. Getting good throughput and watching YouTube videos without any problems.

A good test will be this weekend when I go to a known poor location for 3 data, I'll give my honest opinion after that. So far a good £54 spent.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I use the nighthawk M1 which has TS9 & ethernet sockets. Used it up in Arran on a vodafone sim to watch the euro final last year and didn't even need to plug it into the MiMo on the roof. Just left it on the table in the van connected to a spotlight USB for power. TV was outside on the table.

With the newer M2 & M5 now available, the M1 is down to around £150 - £200.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back