Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Been with them for a long time.

My contract, unlimited calls, sms and data. 12gb of data pverseas.
Lorraine changed her contract to increase data to 100gb , they advised her that the increase in data constituted new contract, so daily charge of £2 to use the 12gb.
I then checked my data, had a chR, they confir unlimited calls and sms and 12 gb as part of my current contract, within my monthly fee.great, as I had not changed my contract I was happy.

Today £2 charge, onto chat, they claim the previous chat session got it wrong and I had changed. My contract, I can't see how. I went livid, they now can't find yesterday's chat. I'm going to complain big time.they claim when the price increased that was a new contract..

Livid

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Three are sh*ters I would never have a Three sim again.
Had a sim a couple of years ago when they did unlimited data roaming. I cancelled it and stopped the DD then they put the debt collectors on me.
Total arseholes.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Had 3 for a while the are a real pain to deal with would not have any of their products ever again

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
I stick with EE unlimited data. Not the cheapest but I can gift up to 100 GB to my wife's EE sim each month and so far great coverage across Europe. Recently in the US all good but had a problem in Mexico, 20 mins online chat and they sorted me out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've been with 3 for years.
Started with PAYG but when that changed after leaving the EU (massive price increase) I opted for a contract.
Unlimited calls and texts, 4gb data.....£8 month/24months
No problem so far.
99% of my internet use is home WiFi based and rarely use more than 2gb mobile data a month.
Suits me as it is.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I cancelled it and stopped the DD then they put the debt collectors on me.
I had a similar problem when my contract finished, and I cancelled the DD before they could take anymore payments. They kept sending me final payment notices, with the threat of debt collectors. In the end, I had to get in touch with the CEO, who passed it down to one of his minions, but eventually it got sorted. (y)

Other than maybe the 12/24 month pre-paid sim cards, I wouldn't go near Three ever again. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Update, long online chat with three, they claim I had an upgrade. .y data, calls, sms were all unlimited, as was 12gb in Europe.
Long argument they claim extending my unlimited pa kage Nd increasing the fee to 24 mi the is an upgrade and therefor a new co tract that removes the 12gb etc in Europe
I pointed out that it's not an upgrade as Im worse off than before so it's a downgrade.

They are looking into it. They seen to fail to understand the word upgrade.

UPGRADE
to improve the quality or usefulness of something, or change it for something newer or of a better standard:
It's very simple to upgrade the indexing software.
Consider upgrading your buildings insurance policy every five to 10 years.
They have not yet upgraded to fully digitial technology.

Opposite
downgrade

to give someone something of a better standard, or newer, for example a better seat on a plane or a better room in a hotel:
If your reserved car isn't available, most rental car companies will upgrade you to the next size car at no additional charge.
We were upgraded and flew business class.

They are going to phone me in 58 hours..

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I've been with 3 for years.
Started with PAYG but when that changed after leaving the EU (massive price increase) I opted for a contract.
Unlimited calls and texts, 4gb data.....£8 month/24months
No problem so far.
99% of my internet use is home WiFi based and rarely use more than 2gb mobile data a month.
Suits me as it is.
Try Smarty. Same network, but only one month at a time with auto renew. You can turn this off on the app. My wife pays £5 per month for unlimited calls and texts and 4Gb of data. App shows how much you’ve used.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I had Three contract and that would have started charging £2 per day, so went to Smarty.
Also on my Unlimited contract I used in my router they reckoned I’d gone over my 12gb and without warning I get a bill for £35, complained via chat and the best I could get was refund of £17, so that’s now been cancelled and also Smarty.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Try Smarty. Same network, but only one month at a time with auto renew. You can turn this off on the app. My wife pays £5 per month for unlimited calls and texts and 4Gb of data. App shows how much you’ve used.
I apparently have a 2 year contract with them, yet to be proven. I have an RWG sim at the moment in my mifi, 200gb £20

BIG DATA
(includes EU Roaming)

COST: £22 £20 per month

MINS: Unlimited

SMS: Unlimited

DATA: 100GB 200GB

Getting some decent speeds..

Network EE

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I apparently have a 2 year contract with them, yet to be proven. I have an RWG sim at the moment in my mifi, 200gb £20

BIG DATA
(includes EU Roaming)

COST: £22 £20 per month

MINS: Unlimited

SMS: Unlimited

DATA: 100GB 200GB

Getting some decent speeds..

Network EE

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I was with 3 years ago. When left they owed me £35, bill to prove along with emails. Trying to get the money back proved impossible. Because I left them I had to pay for calls to them, no longer free because I was on different network. Every time I rang I had to explain to each individual which by the time I had gone through all checks etc all people I spoke to promised to send refund but it never came and after getting my phone bill for phoning them ( £18) I decided to cut my losses and have never been back to them over the last 20 years or so.

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Dorest E
Exp
Jul 22
Don't think these big Co's realise the imcessant damage they can cause to potential or new customers when they do wrong by someone, as after reading this interesting thread, and after only taking out a 3 contract X 2 sims last night, I'm calling to cancel in the morning and opting for Smarty (we already have their sim for our mifi)
Feeble some may say, but a lot has been learned over the years in listening to other customer's experience and after the shambolic Sky Mobile issues of late, we don't fancy any more!
Thank you to the OP and others who have shares their experience on here

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Didn't realise rhat SMARTY is fully owned and operated by THREE.

SMARTY is a mobile telephone flanker brand operated by Hutchison 3G UK Limited using its Three UK mobile network. It aims to attract customers primarily looking for cheaper deals than those available direct from Three, by offering a monthly rolling SIM-only service, limited to online-only support.

From 23 May 2022, customers who have taken out a new or upgraded contract after 1 October will have to pay £2 a day to use their monthly allowance of minutes, texts and data in the EU

Right, I'm bloody annoyed. I pay more and get less...

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I am with Three and now officially worried :LOL: Jen is the lead phone so the correspondence is to her but we have a Popit sim for her phone and will get PAC in the next few days, the message below relates to my number, my understanding is that if I do anything other than leave it as it it is it will be a new contract and £2 per day roaming charge, if I do absolutely nothing I am OK and keep the old terms that I am on.

Hello Jennifer
Your minimum contract period end date is 04/05/2023. Right now, you pay £10.45 a month for an ADV SIM 12GB data unltd m 24m plan with a SIM and 12GB of data, Go Roam, Unlimited texts and Unlimited minutes.

And on average you’ve used 3.3GB data over the past 3 months.

You have a few options

It’s important that you are on the right plan for you. You can choose a new contract with us (we've listed some options for you in this email, and you'll find more offers at three.co.uk). If you decide to do nothing, your services will carry on, and you will continue to pay £10.45 a month† unless or until we contact you because we can no longer offer you this plan on your current terms. You may get a better deal with another provider, or if you purchase services as a bundle.

Aug 12, 2012
SOUTH LAKES
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Iclass 740
Exp
since 2010
I'm in the same boat as Funflair, currant Three contact finishes 17th June but I can blow it out from the 11th May according to the advisor I spoke to earlier. He told me, as long as I continue as I am, without updating my contract, I won't pay the £2 per day roaming charge. Trouble is, we're off to Spain for 2 months from the 16th May and the contract will expire halfway through our holiday and I just know they'll be a problem or misunderstanding and I'll cop for the roaming charge.

What to do?? I think I'll bin it and go with Popit along with my PAC and hope all will sort itself out in 5 days. Been years since I changed providers, not sure how it all plays out so also, officially worried. :rolleyes:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
When Three raised their PAYG 321 prices - I opted for the cheaper Smarty, and that's been great [so far]...
Only slight issue was they didn't do wifi calling, which I need due the abysmal signal around here.
But now that's been sorted, I'm dropping my landline when I have full fibre to property installed next month.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Dave, if you spent less time posting daft newspaper stuff and instead actually reading forum posts you'd have learned of some of the good SIM deals including roaming. 😄

If you want to stick with Three's provision have a look at ID as they are cheaper and allow roaming, go via a reseller to get the best deals

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Shirty wins again £80. They Hree that it's not an upgrade, bit when your contract expires and renew its a 'new' contract .

Will be leaving them when my contract is up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back