2006 Adria Twin on Ducato (1 Viewer)

MF2021

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Adria
Hi All,
I have a Fiat Ducato Adria Twin. It's 2006 but before the next version.

I am trying to clean up the water tank having found lots of floating debris in it. I've emptied the tank and plan on using Puriclean but noticed a pipe going to the tank that was very mucky. I'd like a little help on identifying the purpose of the clear mucky tube. I originally though it was an overflow for when filling the tank, but now think it might be a breather tube? It looks like it goes off towards the filling point. I pushed some water down it using a separate pump and it appears to empty back into the water tank (along with the associated gunk).

20220503_131905 - Copy.jpg

So is it a breather or an overflow? If an overflow, why does it feed back into the tank? If a breather, why is it connected to the filling point. Does water go down it when I am filling up, as well as along the main pipe? (that would explain the gunk in my tank).

This picture is of the main filling pipe coming from the filling point. The clear tube goes up through the same hole in the side, and I can only assume is somehow connected to the outside filling point.
20220503_131909 - Copy.jpg

Any help appreciated. Also, anyone with the same tank.. do you know it's capacity?

Cheers

OP
OP
M

MF2021

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Adria
When in doubt swop it out.👍🏻

Issue is, the pipe goes up behind the wall. I am not totally sure where it goes. My current thinking is it goes to the filling cap, but I don't really want to take that apart in case I can't get it back together again.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its a vent tube goes from tank to a small hole in the filler allows air out of the top of the tank if the fill point is lower

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
How long is it, from the photo's it looks like you could get the full length with a CamelBak long hose cleaning brush and a bit of baking soda mixed with lemon juice and vinegar?

Amazon product ASIN B07CJ4NW7H
If you want to replace it then I think you can unscrew the water fill point (3 screws) and ease it out, bringing the pipes with it. Use the old pipe to draw two lines through the bodywork, then use one of the lines to draw a new pipe through. (Use the second line to draw two more lines through if your first attempt fails ;) )

Cheers
Red.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
M

MF2021

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Adria
its a vent tube goes from tank to a small hole in the filler allows air out of the top of the tank if the fill point is lower

Ah I thought as much. Thanks for confirming.

OP
OP
M

MF2021

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
Ducato Adria
How long is it, from the photo's it looks like you could get the full length with a CamelBak long hose cleaning brush and a bit of baking soda mixed with lemon juice and vinegar?

Amazon product ASIN B07CJ4NW7H
If you want to replace it then I think you can unscrew the water fill point (3 screws) and ease it out, bringing the pipes with it. Use the old pipe to draw two lines through the bodywork, then use one of the lines to draw a new pipe through. (Use the second line to draw two more lines through if your first attempt fails ;) )

Cheers
Red.

Great suggestions, thanks. I never thought of cleaning it with a long brush.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back