1. Untitled Document

12v glitch.. really.. now???

Discussion in 'MOTORHOME CHAT' started by Spenders, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Spenders

Spenders Funster

The keen eyed amongst you will notice that I've posted another thread about planning a trip to France in the near future (end of the week actually!). When having a pre-trip tinker with the MH recently I noticed that the 12v sockets in the lounge area didn't seem to be working. Have now checked them both on and off of hook-up and they seem devoid of power.

I've checked the fuses in the PSU unit and they seem fine. The affected sockets are ones that I think were fitted additionally after the vehicle was built, apart from the single TV aerial/240v/12v unit placed for the TV to work through. Other additional sockets fitted in the central dinette and over-cab bed seem to be working fine. If it was just the additional sockets I could live with it, but as the TV has to be used there, and it only has a 12v plug on it, it means I have no working telly!

The question is...... does anyone know of and recommend a reliable trader who can look at the problem in the York/Leeds area? I know a couple of places I could try but would rather try someone recommended as being competent/reliable/ reasonable value.

Cheers,

Simon :thumb:
  2. tonka

tonka Funster

What year is your scout..
    If it's an original fitment then it should show on the circuit diagram.
    http://sargentshop.co.uk/epages/esh...ories/TechData/"System Schematics"/Auto-Trail

This is worth printing out as it will help anyone looking at the problem.
    Ref additional fitted sockets, it's a case of tracing the wires really and see where they have been connected. May have additional fuses in line somewhere..

Was the socket working before ??
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  3. Spenders

Spenders Funster

The sockets were working but I noticed at Wrenbury that we couldn't get the TV to work! I thought it might be to do with not being on hook-up but when I got chance at home when hooked up the sockets still wouldn't work.

The fuses on the Sergeant PSU were checked at Wrenbury and found to be OK. At home I traced the wiring from the sockets in the lounge area to the cupboard near the hab door (access to the rear of the fire/heater). There are some units in there that look more like relays to me, and additional 240v sockets, but I'm no sparky and am too scared to touch in case I do more damage than good. :Eek!:
  4. peter marshall

peter marshall Funster

We had similar prob, it turned out to be the 20 amp fuse near the hab battery, then all ok, this was on a 06 Bessie . Pete
    1 person likes this.
  5. haganap

haganap Funster

You could try sending techno100 a PM, he's in the Leeds area and realy knows his stuff :thumb: