Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
The keen eyed amongst you will notice that I've posted another thread about planning a trip to France in the near future (end of the week actually!). When having a pre-trip tinker with the MH recently I noticed that the 12v sockets in the lounge area didn't seem to be working. Have now checked them both on and off of hook-up and they seem devoid of power.

I've checked the fuses in the PSU unit and they seem fine. The affected sockets are ones that I think were fitted additionally after the vehicle was built, apart from the single TV aerial/240v/12v unit placed for the TV to work through. Other additional sockets fitted in the central dinette and over-cab bed seem to be working fine. If it was just the additional sockets I could live with it, but as the TV has to be used there, and it only has a 12v plug on it, it means I have no working telly!

The question is...... does anyone know of and recommend a reliable trader who can look at the problem in the York/Leeds area? I know a couple of places I could try but would rather try someone recommended as being competent/reliable/ reasonable value.

Cheers,

Simon :thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
What year is your scout..
If it's an original fitment then it should show on the circuit diagram.
http://sargentshop.co.uk/epages/esh...ories/TechData/"System Schematics"/Auto-Trail

This is worth printing out as it will help anyone looking at the problem.
Ref additional fitted sockets, it's a case of tracing the wires really and see where they have been connected. May have additional fuses in line somewhere..

Was the socket working before ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spenders

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
The sockets were working but I noticed at Wrenbury that we couldn't get the TV to work! I thought it might be to do with not being on hook-up but when I got chance at home when hooked up the sockets still wouldn't work.

The fuses on the Sergeant PSU were checked at Wrenbury and found to be OK. At home I traced the wiring from the sockets in the lounge area to the cupboard near the hab door (access to the rear of the fire/heater). There are some units in there that look more like relays to me, and additional 240v sockets, but I'm no sparky and am too scared to touch in case I do more damage than good. :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
You could try sending techno100 a PM, he's in the Leeds area and realy knows his stuff :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back