Is this as good as it seems? EU roaming included. (3 Viewers)

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
New discovery about the RWG. I found it annoying that you cannot tell how much data you have without testing a message to them. Now I discover you cannot text from outside the UK. (Not sure if you can make calls or not?)

Apparently, the only way to review your data remaining is to send an email to customer services.

So good prices, customer services and data coverage in UK and EU so far but I wish they were a little more up to date technology wise.
If you have a sim with EU included I would presume you can text outside UK. I have just bought a sim for hubby. It was more expensive to get a bundle that includes EU usage.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
If you have a sim with EU included I would presume you can text outside UK. I have just bought a sim for hubby. It was more expensive to get a bundle that includes EU usage.

I have the 200gb bundle. It states EU roaming included. Data is working good but text and calls don't. I emailed them and they said texts don't work outside UK. Does seem odd but thats what they said.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
On my router I set the monthly limit and start date (1st of month) and then when I log into router home page I can see what’s used

I'm not using a router. Just my phone as a hotspot. I guess it's possible to see the data somewhere in the settings but that's not the point. Providers like Lebara have nice apps where you can view details of times and dates of every call, text and mb of data used. Graphs etc. RWG just seem a bit behind the times using texts.

Sep 17, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 2014
We are now back from our six week tour around Portugal and Spain. In addition to the posts I have already made on this topic can I just finalise by saying that when we entered Spain and slowly made our way up through central Spain speeds varied quite a bit from 2 to 12 mps. Wherever we were though we were never without internet on the mifi and were always able to stream a movie on Netflix (I prefer to be outside with a beer and a book) if HWMBO so desired. So if your needs are simple it's a real no brainer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Would just like to add this ,,I ordered the wrong sim so contacted rwg they said I can cancel it and take the voice sim Ok they cancelled it but I have been waiting over 2 weeks email them every other day they say it's being processed,,they don't answer the phone very annoying..

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
I've found communications with them very good, when we got back from our trip I canceled my sim a few days before renewal did not require 30 days notic.
Hi thanks ,,OK that's good but shouldn't take this long to refund me they won't say how long just ,,,being processed..they cancelled it on 26th May.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Maybe they've been inundated by loads of funsters asking questions and changing sims ! 😄

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Like many others, I have been looking for a data sim for the mifi following the withdrawal of the Tiekom sim and read through all 20 pages of this thread 🧐. We are off to France soon and I needed to sort this out and while there appears to be mixed experiences with RWG and their different bundles I am going to give them a go. (Not much option and can't afford Starlink!)

I phoned for more info (called 3 times in succession - first 2 attempts met a recorded message). The girl I spoke to was very helpful - I asked about the data sim and was going to opt for the global. She advised me to go for the BIG DATA bundle (phone sim with unlimited calls, texts and 200GB data) with roaming included for £20. She explained that this will be fine in Europe - the global sim is for travellers who venture beyond Europe. (This appears to be backed up by some earlier thread entries so reassured me).

So I'm waiting for the sim to land on my doormat and will update as we go along! If it all goes pear-shaped, we will have to buy a local sim in France when our phone data runs out. We have 30GB between our 2 phones so it won't last long!

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Like many others, I have been looking for a data sim for the mifi following the withdrawal of the Tiekom sim and read through all 20 pages of this thread 🧐. We are off to France soon and I needed to sort this out and while there appears to be mixed experiences with RWG and their different bundles I am going to give them a go. (Not much option and can't afford Starlink!)

I phoned for more info (called 3 times in succession - first 2 attempts met a recorded message). The girl I spoke to was very helpful - I asked about the data sim and was going to opt for the global. She advised me to go for the BIG DATA bundle (phone sim with unlimited calls, texts and 200GB data) with roaming included for £20. She explained that this will be fine in Europe - the global sim is for travellers who venture beyond Europe. (This appears to be backed up by some earlier thread entries so reassured me).

So I'm waiting for the sim to land on my doormat and will update as we go along! If it all goes pear-shaped, we will have to buy a local sim in France when our phone data runs out. We have 30GB between our 2 phones so it won't last long!
I'm amazed you actually spoke to a person I have tried dozens of times ..still waiting on refund 3 weeks now..and now no answers from lots of emails ..

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740

iD Mobile is great as long as you DON'T go over the 63 days while roaming, otherwise it automatically switches to Pay as you go, and it will stay like that until you use it in the UK again, where it will reset itself, for £12/200Gb a month that's not bad, plus if you don't use all the 200Gb, it carries over to the next month, we run four devices from it, and it as not let down, the only downer for us, we are touring for more then 63 days

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
iD Mobile is great as long as you DON'T go over the 63 days while roaming, otherwise it automatically switches to Pay as you go, and it will stay like that until you use it in the UK again, where it will reset itself, for £12/200Gb a month that's not bad, plus if you don't use all the 200Gb, it carries over to the next month, we run four devices from it, and it as not let down, the only downer for us, we are touring for more then 63 days
Thanks I got a id mobile sim and has been working good in France only problem I found was the need to set up a direct debit...I only wanted it for hols have to give 30days notice to leave so had to pay 2 months at £18 a months...but its working so I'm happy with it...

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
ID mobile appear to have a fair use policy that applies to roaming - a data cap as well as length of time. Have I missed something?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

We were pleased with how our RWG mobile sim in a router worked on our recent trip to France.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
ID mobile has afaik a 4 month cut off point for free roaming m, if you provide a proof of uk address your ok for another 4 months

my mate has just done 90 days and used 278gb with no issues whatsoever

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
IMG_7586.PNGIMG_7587.PNGIMG_7588.PNG

Screenshots for info.

Under the open data policy the monthly sim that costs £15 for unlimited GB would give me 11.58GB roaming and would charge me £2.56 per GB over that amount?

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
ID mobile has afaik a 4 month cut off point for free roaming m, if you provide a proof of uk address your ok for another 4 months

my mate has just done 90 days and used 278gb with no issues whatsoever
They don't go by address, it goes by UK use, Roaming starts when you reach France (when the France telecom towers pick it up) and resets when you reach a UK telecom tower.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
I'm amazed you actually spoke to a person I have tried dozens of times ..still waiting on refund 3 weeks now..and now no answers from lots of emails ..
Emailed them yesterday and they got back to me in 10 mins!!! (Sorry - I know that's no help)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp

I've got that bundle on my SIM and it is working well in France at the moment. (y)

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
I ordered the £28 Global data only SIM, although I was a bit nervous as the one my brother received worked in the UK but not France or Spain (they sent a replacement, which did work fine).

Anyway, the one I received worked fine in the UK in my Netgear MiFi. We are now on a trip and it has worked in The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and Sweden so far. The speed has varied with the mobile data available.

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
Emailed them yesterday and they got back to me in 10 mins!!! (Sorry - I know that's no help)
Hi yes ..they were super fast getting back to me too but as soon as the refund was mentioned ..all stop..they just said its been processed and will be in my account soon that was over a week ago...now they stopped answering emails and phone is a joke...

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
We also plumped for the RWG global sim as you can choose any provider when abroad and three weeks into our trip and in the Dordogne now it is working like a dream. Hubby watched the football the other night and declared me an angel for sorting it.😂 We use it in our ancient HUAWEI.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
They don't go by address, it goes by UK use, Roaming starts when you reach France (when the France telecom towers pick it up) and resets when you reach a UK telecom tower.
yes I know but I think you need to read what it says as this is how I understand it and how it worked out for my mate

I take it as if you roam abroad (4 mths) more than you live at home (UK) then they’ll ask you to prove your are still a UK resident by asking for a utility bill or something similar

Dec 3, 2013
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2011

Yes me too, we're off to France and Spain for 89 days from mid August. I've waded through 20 pages of postings from over more than three months and RWG generally seems to have the popular vote. Is the following a fair summation of the general view?

I'm looking for an unlimited deal to slot a SIM into my HUWEI B535. (iPhones on SKY package with 130gb in the Piggybank more than sufficient for data away from the MoHo MiFi, calls and messages etc)

1. A Data only deal for streaming to say a Firestick is the best solution for me?
2. RWG is generally satisfactory and sometimes quite favourable reports on speeds, and good for TV viewing (but maybe the slow speeds were using a voice SIM?)
3. The RWG Data SIM is seemingly specifically designed to achieve faster speeds than a voice SIM.
4. If I initially went for 200gb for my roaming in France & Spain, I can then reduce the deal to a few gbs on return to UK?
5. When ordering, although you need to state what size SIM required, it actually comes with all sizes (as per normal with new SIMs) that you separate as required.
6. Total luck of the draw as to whether RWG respond to an email. Only one Funster has ever seemingly spoken to someone at RWG!

So I thought I had it sussed, I had decided I definitely need a 200gb data only Global SIM for (£18+£10) per month, then on the latest page 20 'OwnedbyCollies' reports has actually spoken to someone at RWG and a very helpful girl says "Oh no, you don't need a data only for Europe you need a 200gb BIG DATA Bundle"!

So what DO I NEED!?

Fortunately, I have a few weeks yet and will attempt to get a response written or otherwise from RWG but I would very much welcome some uptodate thoughts based on recent experience.

Many thanks to all, and I hope this doesn't extend the thread for another 20 pages!

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
im a newbie
I personally wouldn't touch them ...I have been waiting on a refund from them that the said they would cancel and refund me on 26th May..now they don't answer any emails about it...oh they do answer when they think your taking out a new sim...buy nothing when refund is mentioned...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back