Hi - Newbie in Dorset saying Hello, and lots of help wanted ! (2 Viewers)

forfein

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
HymerMobile B544
Exp
Newbie (2 weeks)
Hello everyone

I joined the site after finding this on Google

It seems to be nice and friendly, and I hope to find lots of info to help me please !

A total newbie, I have decided to try and tour Europe, I have purchased an old HymerMobile B544 and it is now ready to go (Almost) !

My idea is to put a little Fiat Seicento on the back of it, and tow it, so that I have a small car to travel in after parking up.
It sounds OK to me, no doubt there will be flaws in my thinking ! Like I said, I am a newbie!

I want to put a tow bar on the back of my vehicle, but I have been underneath it, and it looks a little bit flimsy to say the least ! Not really a huge chassis to hang a tow bar on it !
There is an added bug bear because the "waste water tank" is strapped to the chassis at the rear.
So how do I get around that ?

Like I said . . . newbie ! . . . and I will ask all sorts of funny questions . . . hope to get help !

Thanks
Geoff

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't tow a car would be my answer! But welcome and I am sure someone with knowledge of this MH will be able to answer. :)

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Geoff and welcome to the Fun! (y)

Vehicles have to be towed on platforms not A-Frames in Spain as they are classed as illegal.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A total newbie, I have decided to try and tour Europe, I have purchased an old HymerMobile B544 and it is now ready to go (Almost) !

My idea is to put a little Fiat Seicento on the back of it, and tow it, so that I have a small car to travel in after parking up.
It sounds OK to me, no doubt there will be flaws in my thinking !
Geoff

That is exactly what many FUNsters and even more non-FUNsters do every day.

Excellent vehicle. Just go to a reputable tow-bar supplier and hit the road.

But you have been warned about the legality of A-Frames.

Plan B, a good electric bike.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had a towbar fitted to my B544. You're right there is not a lot there. We ensured the towbar we had made was attached to as much of the chassis as possible, this made it heavy though as it goes down about a metre each side with five bolts a side. We regularly tow 1500kgs (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I had a towbar fitted to my B544. You're right there is not a lot there. We ensured the towbar we had made was attached to as much of the chassis as possible, this made it heavy though as it goes down about a metre each side with five bolts a side. We regularly tow 1500kgs (y)
Not sure you can have a custom made tow bar these days. Could be wrong.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back