Here we go again!!!! The bring and buy music festival 2014 (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Any chance at getting a nice *Funsters* badge for the windscreen at your bash Paul???? The wife is kicking off a bit about me always face-painting her yellow, and keeping her head shoved onto the dash-board. :thumb:

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Funster sign

And me,me,me,me - if you can sort out a windscreen sign that would be soooper:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
This is the most up to date list of new payments made and reserves added. :thumb:

coming together bit by bit ::bigsmile:

Haggers & Nikki (Cocktail maker extraordinaire)*
JAG (Assistant Marshals)
Jaygee (Assistant marshals)*
Janine and Barrie (Head of Entertainment)​

10ll
aborforfun
Aldenise
Ambilkate
andynsarah
andyman
Armytwowheels*
artemis
bdpage
beerdrinker ken
billthedrill
bob and jane
Brisey
Busman
cakey
Canopus
Captain Pugwash
Carol
Catyspyjams
champers*
chippy63
chrisboyo
Cliffandger
Detnor
dingray
drago67
edgy
Elvis*
Encantador
evans above
g8ysn
gloworm
gran & rog
Hilldweller
hoot007
jandek
Jaws
Jezport
]Jim & Sian
Jonandshell
kaybee
kimmy 62
Makems
martin1485
Maz
]mousey
Movan*
Muddy Funsters
Nemo
panda
pat1951
PenelopePitstop
Pete & Sal
REKERLY
roscoe tanhead
scammellmanswife
Scotties
Sennen 523
silk cut*
Silverdreamers
smudger
Snowbird
staging lady
SteveandDenise
teasey 2007
teddybard
Terry49
The mogs
the only sue*
toledo
Tonka
Tootles
traveller ha5 3dom
treetops1
triclops
Wildge

Only a very short group of Reds left;;;;; Please, if your not attending let me know so I can invite those on the reserve list.

waiting in the wings

Atlantis bird
Peter marshall
TJJ
travels r us....
Lesleyjean
Carl65

This meet is fully booked thank you,,,,,no more please, this meet is pre pay only if you are in red you have PMs ,

I have also removed those that were read only funsters, may I remind people that in order to attend a meet you must be subscriber to fun. I will start inviting those on the reserve list soon many thanks I will not be allowing on the day arrivals due to space, and being oversubscribed I hate rules but have to be cautious of safety

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Cotton Arms

Its back –
Yes folks, this Years bring and Buy has been a difficult cookie to organise due to some world cup exploits.

However, we now have a date and a schedule.
Be quick to get your names down.
Be entertained, buy and sell all your old kit you don’t want and replace it for the new kit you also didn’t want.
This year, Janine & Barrie are kindly organising the entertainment, so you know the funster band will be there providing much needed fun and music. So much so that this event will now be known as the

Bring and Buy Midsummer music festival.

The Venue-
Cotton Arms, Wrenbury. Cheshire. CW5 8HG.

The date-
The rally runs from Thursday 17th July to Monday 21st July.

Thursday- will be relaxation and arrival day...

Friday night- cocktails in the hall or open air (depending on weather) for some ram jam sessions led by the Band...

Saturday- will see the Bring and Buy from 11 am.. buy, sell, exchange your goods.

Saturday Night, Will see the band playing for food in the pub, playing for their little tummies as they attempt to not go hungry, it will be tight and packed in there but, it will be fun for sure. The Funster Band are the landlords mothers favourite band and their reputation is growing. Or if it’s too busy for you? Why not just chill in the sunshine and share a BBQ with your neighbours? The likely hood is there will be an informal American Buffet with details closer to the times (it’s this weather thing)

Sunday Morning, 10-30
This will be the Bacon butty time, a chance to sample some fine cooking.

If that’s not enough for you, Im sure in the hall on Sunday night there will be some more musical frolics going on.

If you have not been to a Bring and Buy rally before, then have a quick search through the past 5 years of rallies, there have been as many as 70 + vans enjoying themselves in the Cheshire countryside.
Lets make year 6 another great one.

cost is £7.75 per night- No hook up,, but hey its summer you won't need it.

Hi, we have tried to book for this event. We arrive back from Spain on the Thursday and were keen to come along on the Saturday but have been advised it is booked up. We asked to be put on a cancellation list but have not had a reply. If this is not possible we considered booking with The pub for the main camp site. We stayed here a couple of weeks ago when by coincidence a BSA rally was in progress. They kindly invited us to join them at The Pavilion for their yearly party. We had such a great time, and like the Cotton Arms so wondered if this alternative would be a possibility if no room to join the rally area.
Ron & Jeanette

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi,

We arrive back from Spain on Friday 18th July. We would love to join the Funsters for our first rally with you. Is it possible to book for Friday and Saturday night.

Regards Ron & Jeanette
Hi ron I have replied previously.... At the current time I am fully booked and have a waiting list far outweighing the people expected to drop out considering most have pre paid.

Thanks

Hi, we have tried to book for this event. We arrive back from Spain on the Thursday and were keen to come along on the Saturday but have been advised it is booked up. We asked to be put on a cancellation list but have not had a reply. If this is not possible we considered booking with The pub for the main camp site. We stayed here a couple of weeks ago when by coincidence a BSA rally was in progress. They kindly invited us to join them at The Pavilion for their yearly party. We had such a great time, and like the Cotton Arms so wondered if this alternative would be a possibility if no room to join the rally area.
Ron & Jeanette

Ron I can not stop anyone booking if they have space that weekend. . However I must be honest and say I don't like this option as it adds total confusion to the event. . People that rally at the bnb pay an inclusive price including other such goodies as cocktails and bacon baps as well as what ever else Nikki decides to lay on in terms of snacks entrainment bbq peices etc etc...

I am already also very pushed for space in the music venues that janine and barry are organising. ..

I know anyone thinking of attending this way may just see themselves as a couple of extra persons but it only takes 3 or 4 doing this route to cause us a complete headache and the last thing we would ever want to spend our rally marshals doing is trying to see who is with the rally and who isn't. .

Sorry it sounds harsh but it is important.

Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Hi ron I have replied previously.... At the current time I am fully booked and have a waiting list far outweighing the people expected to drop out considering most have pre paid.

Thanks

Ron I can not stop anyone booking if they have space that weekend. . However I must be honest and say I don't like this option as it adds total confusion to the event. . People that rally at the bnb pay an inclusive price including other such goodies as cocktails and bacon baps as well as what ever else Nikki decides to lay on in terms of snacks entrainment bbq peices etc etc...

I am already also very pushed for space in the music venues that janine and barry are organising. ..

I know anyone thinking of attending this way may just see themselves as a couple of extra persons but it only takes 3 or 4 doing this route to cause us a complete headache and the last thing we would ever want to spend our rally marshals doing is trying to see who is with the rally and who isn't. .

Sorry it sounds harsh but it is important.

Many thanks

Totally understand. We were simply keen to join you on our first rally for many years with your club, having been members of motor home facts in recent years. This was the first suitable rally we saw but didn't realise it had been advertised for a while and we would be too late. We do realise it could cause problems with catering etc and would have expected to pay for any extras. Thanks for your reply Looking forward to future rally's and to meeting you all.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
This is the most up to date list of new payments made and reserves added. :thumb:

Haggers & Nikki (Cocktail maker extraordinaire)*
JAG (Assistant Marshals)
Jaygee (Assistant marshals)*
Janine and Barrie (Head of Entertainment)​

10ll
aborforfun
Aldenise
Ambilkate
andyman
Armytwowheels*
artemis
bdpage
beerdrinker ken
billthedrill
bob and jane
Brisey
Busman
cakey
Canopus
Captain Pugwash
Carol
Catyspyjams
champers*
chippy63
chrisboyo
Cliffandger
Detnor
dingray
drago67
edgy
Elvis
Encantador
evans above
g8ysn
gloworm
gran & rog
Hilldweller
hoot007
jandek
Jaws
Jezport
]Jim & Sian
Jonandshell
kaybee
kimmy 62
Makems
martin1485
Maz
]mousey
Movan*
Nemo
panda
pat1951
PenelopePitstop
Pete & Sal
REKERLY
scammellmanswife
Scotties
Sennen 523
silk cut*
Silverdreamers
smudger
Snowbird
staging lady
SteveandDenise
teasey 2007
teddybard
Terry49
The mogs
the only sue*
toledo
Tonka
Tootles
traveller ha5 3dom
treetops1
triclops
Wildge

waiting in the wings

Atlantis bird
Peter marshall
TJJ
travels r us....
Lesleyjean
Carl65

This meet is fully booked thank you,,,,,no more please, this meet is pre pay only if you are in red you have PMs ,

I have also removed those that were read only funsters or whom did not make payment or notify me. may I remind people that in order to attend a meet you must be subscriber to fun. I will start inviting those on the reserve list soon many thanks I will not be allowing on the day arrivals due to space, and being oversubscribed I hate rules but have to be cautious of safety

Last edited:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Slight change of plan for me if possible ?. can I change from fri/sat/sun nights to Thursday/fri/sat nights please,
Thanks
Dave

ROMAS

Free Member
Jun 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Roma
Exp
Since 2006
Hi We are new members and we would like to book on the rally ,also my brother and partner would like to go he will be joining on line to the motorhome fun club Linda & Ian. Could you please reply Thanks.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I am sorry Linda and Ian, this rally is fully booked.

ROMAS

Free Member
Jun 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Roma
Exp
Since 2006
Hi If there are any cancellations would you let us know, also we have just joined and we are having difficulty getting on the rally programme can you help us , as we are looking at rallies that have taken place not new ones. Thanks Linda & Ian

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi pat and mick, sadly this is a very popular meet and it is now full. There is also a reserve list which has closed.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked This meet is fully booked

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> I hate rules but have to be cautious of safety

Absolutely !!

Now what provision have you made to cater for the old canal springing a leak ?

Just imagine a wall of water coming down the hill. Vans will be pushed aside crushing any funsters near them. Many lovely cuddly dogs will drown or be eaten by vicious water snakes. Mobility scooters will explode when the dirty putrid water hits their electrics. Many participants will contract The Black Death when the fleeing frightened rats bite them.

We therefore need all vans secured with mooring ropes. All funsters to wear life jackets, equipped with emergency location beacons, at all times. Cuddly dogs to have life jackets or be housed on the roof of secured motorhomes. Only submersible mobility scooters to be allowed on field. An RNLI inshore lifeboat should be parked in the corner of the field furthest from the old canal, to be manned 24/7. Field co-ordinates to be sent to the air ambulance services of England and Wales. All participants names to be forwarded to police, fire and ambulance services. Each van must submit their person tried and test evacuation procedure, in triplicate, a waterproof copy of which will be secured to the van by the habitation door.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
But what happens if the occupant of the van is too drunk to wake up, Brian. Someone at Misterton was in comatose condition I believe... :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
That's actually funnier than you realise, Brian. There are plans afoot to turn the rally field into a marina :(

I did not know that but not far away a farmer looking to make ends meet did make a marina on a field of his a few years ago.

So would they make more out of boats ? It's not the busiest of canals. It would be quite an investment.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
But on the positive side, this meet is fully booked, and any further bring and buy music festivals will be held at a new site I have sourced, which holds over a 1000 vans with each individual pitch having electic, water and it's own shed..

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I did not know that but not far away a farmer looking to make ends meet did make a marina on a field of his a few years ago.

So would they make more out of boats ? It's not the busiest of canals. It would be quite an investment.

Probably one of the busiest hire boat canals in the country, Brian.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back