ZTE LTE MF971V router (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
A befuddled funster here. Bought this router as an intro into wifi in the van. Signed for 30g iD SIM card on a monthly basis. Registered the sim by putting it in my iPhone and then enabled roaming. All a bit of a rush as heading to France the next day! Anyway put sim in router and it seemed to work until we got to France. Now it refuses to connect to data. See photos. At first it kept me amused, now it a tad frustrating. Any info gratefully received…where’s the wine…

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
OP
OP
tidewatcher
May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Roaming on but cannot update APN on my iPhone without causing a loss of date from what I understand. As we are now in France using the iPhone as a hotspot on my normal smarty sim not willing to risk it at the moment. It seems there is no way of doing this via the ZTE router. Do appreciate your time and effort though.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I know the APN can be a problem in France because I held somebody on my last trip, they where frustrated that the couldn’t get internet. I found the APN had reverted to Three , I changed it for them and away they went

You probably need to get to the dashboard , this may help you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tidewatcher
May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Thanks I have checked the link which is helpful. The only problem I have (I think) is that I can connect to the wifi on the ZTE on my phone but as there is no data I don’t think I can get to the dashboard as the phone goes for the wifi. Will have a dabble. More wine an option

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can you download this app , this is Apple but probably available on android and adjust the APN because I think it will be 3 and not id (it’s important to do in lower case)
1725279347565.png

Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
I've got the same router, you can use the ZTE Link app shown above ( or logon to the router admin pages via a browser ).
You can then enter the APN settings as required for the SIM you're using.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks I have checked the link which is helpful. The only problem I have (I think) is that I can connect to the wifi on the ZTE on my phone but as there is no data I don’t think I can get to the dashboard as the phone goes for the wifi. Will have a dabble. More wine an option
Connect your phone to the ZTE in your browser and connect to the ZTE unit using 192.168.0.1.

This should open the ZTE dashboard and you should be able to change the APN in there.

You'll need to enter the user name and password to login to the ZTE dashboard and the defaults for these should either be available on the home screen on the unit or inside the back of the unit. Find and note these before turning the unit on.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
tidewatcher You may be only offered limited choices after what Gellyneck describes. I have got there on my iPhone and at the bottom of the page I saw PC (in blue) and Mobile. I clicked on PC and despite being on my phone got offered better options to change router name, password AND APN. Good luck 🤞

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
tidewatcher You may be only offered limited choices after what Gellyneck describes. I have got there on my iPhone and at the bottom of the page I saw PC (in blue) and Mobile. I clicked on PC and despite being on my phone got offered better options to change router name, password AND APN. Good luck 🤞
The trials and tribulations of Apple products!:RollEyes:

Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
Gellyneck has covered it but you don't need data to get from your phone to the router (where the dashboard is). You only need data from your router to the internet.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I've got the same router, you can use the ZTE Link app shown above ( or logon to the router admin pages via a browser ).
You can then enter the APN settings as required for the SIM you're using.
Good to know that app works for you. I was thinking about ir, but it has uniformly terrible reviews on the App Store

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Works ok for me

Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
Good to know that app works for you. I was thinking about ir, but it has uniformly terrible reviews on the App Store
A couple of features don't work e.g. Wifi settings, but there is also an older version of the app which does fully work. I'm on Android.

OP
OP
tidewatcher
May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Many thanks to all. I have bumbled my way into the ZTE admin area. It still will not connect to date while roaming. See attached. Massive progress getting this far but finish line still out of reach. Upgrading from wine to brandy.

OP
OP
tidewatcher
May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Hold that back page! Finally worked my way through the app and managed to change the app settings to I’d and bobs your whatsit I’m on the internet! Many thanks to all who contributed, as close as holding my hand as possible over a distance.

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Many thanks to all. I have bumbled my way into the ZTE admin area. It still will not connect to date while roaming. See attached. Massive progress getting this far but finish line still out of reach. Upgrading from wine to brandy.
I find a good shot of Calvados (apple brandy) does it for me 🥃 tchin!

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Hold that back page! Finally worked my way through the app and managed to change the app settings to I’d and bobs your whatsit I’m on the internet! Many thanks to all who contributed, as close as holding my hand as possible over a distance.
It’s so annoying when these computerized gizmos finally say “there you go, I knew you could learn” !!! 🥃

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back