XZENT F220 Updates (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
detleffs
I inherited an XZENT F220 Nav unit on our 2019 Dethleffs Trend that I think is a few years older than the vehicle itself. Having disliked it at first I have got the hang of it now. However it needs updating as some of the mapping and weight and speed limit data is badly dated now - we are 3950kg.

I have found the instructions through the XZENT site which only seems to work with Android and Windows.

Long shot but I’d love to hear from anyone who has found an IoS workaround.

(It does have weaknesses but I’m looking for a cheapish fix failing which I will need to bite the bullet and look at alternatives).

Thank you in advance.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Look up Zenec/Xzent on this site and others.

I'd image your Xzent is the same age as the vehicle, as they seem to release them with old software so you have to pay for an update
(Our 2018 vehicle came with 2012 software)
I did one update, cost £70, it changed the unit from totally useless to just useless.

I looked at all the alternatives, such as upgrading to an Alpine or panasonic head unit, but at £1500 by the time you have included installation is did not make sense.
So I bought a decent 'stick-on-the-windscreen' SatNav (Avetex Tourer Three Plus, which is also sold as the Garmin 795+ and the RV795+) and I now only use the Zenec unit for the reversing camera and the FM radio.
I have disabled all other (useless) functions as I got tired of it telling me about 30mph limits every few milers whilst on motorways and that places such as supermarket car parks and the road to my mothers house were off limits.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Hopefully someone with the same unit might be along with advice but in the meantime….

Looking at the Xzent software update on their site the most recent update was 4 years ago and I doubt very much that it would help with what you hope to achieve, this last update was to improve Android connection, that is all. The update process is using the self extracting zip file which I don’t know that will work on iOs.

Have you checked which version of software is on your unit ? If it’s already at 4.3 then there doesn’t appear to be any point upgrading. If you do try have plenty of paracetamol to hand.

Like Brains in the previous post I have practically stopped using my F-285 as had so many issues with it. Coming home the other week the Xzent wanted me to go via a narrow village that we avoid even by car rather than staying on the main road. I upgraded my phone to an iphone to be able to use Waze on carplay which works well but does assume being in a car. I am keeping my Garmin Camper 780 for now as I trust it more. Partly my reasoning is that updating the Xzent twice has been a nightmare, never had this problem on numerous devices over the years. The first update it decided it didn’t like the USB stick and went into a constant reboot loop until I found another it liked. The second update I followed the instructions to the letter but it hung before one of the steps and dealer electrician advice was that there was a step missing from the instructions whereby you had to remove power completely before it would move on - this meant either disconnect the battery or remove the unit from the dash to remove cables from the back. Each time I managed to do the update eventually but couldn’t see any benefit and was convinced I had bricked the unit.

Maybe I should start some sort of fan club for Xzent units …..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back