Winter trip to Spain (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 22, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala
Hi all
Questions for all you snowbirds x:-)
Planning a trip to Spain Nov til Jan. Heading down to Albir/Altea/Benidorm area. We did it in April via the tunnel for the first time.
Going Newhaven ferry this time. Dieppe to Irun..then down to Albir...my questions are..will the roads be ok..i.e icey/snow in France?
Also heard alot of the sites are very busy at that time of year..will we struggle to get anywhere if we dont pre-book ?
TIA

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
Questions for all you snowbirds x:-)
Planning a trip to Spain Nov til Jan. Heading down to Albir/Altea/Benidorm area. We did it in April via the tunnel for the first time.
Going Newhaven ferry this time. Dieppe to Irun..then down to Albir...my questions are..will the roads be ok..i.e icey/snow in France?
Also heard alot of the sites are very busy at that time of year..will we struggle to get anywhere if we dont pre-book ?
TIA
Not sure about the dates you’re going, but I’m pretty sure Arena Blanca in Beni is fully booked for January onwards.

tonka ‘s Route to the Sun is the one a lot of us follow from France, and we’ve never had a problem.

Nov 13, 2013
Leics.
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2000
You won't have any problem getting on sites in November, but the new year period will be very busy as the Spaniards like to camp until after 6 January. Most campsites in that area will then be full until the end of March.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sorry FULL or Lo siento completo, you might hear this...there again if you have a back up plan you will get by... don't leave it until 5pm to arrive and expect a pitch choice...
Winter season is the busiest time of the year in the Costas....only today we saw many MHs on the route to Mazarron and it's only mid September....but our Northern European guests on now arriving for their extended stay...Bless em...😀🇪🇦

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
You won't have any problem getting on sites in November, but the new year period will be very busy as the Spaniards like to camp until after 6 January. Most campsites in that area will then be full until the end of March.
would have said the same, but it is mad this year, trying 4/5 sites before getting a vacancy, have never prebooked before and are struggling to get anywhere near where we want to be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
would have said the same, but it is mad this year, trying 4/5 sites before getting a vacancy, have never prebooked before and are struggling to get anywhere near where we want to be.
And where do you want to be is the question?
Please tell...?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
And where do you want to be is the question?
Please tell...?
Notsaying incase someone else gets in before us 🤣
We tend to prefert the coast, or at least to be near water, the one place we really ned to be is Playa Mazarron to meet up with friends. Oliva and Aguilas also favourites, would be good to try somewhere new. Have the bikes with us, but I am a very nervous rider. Read your posts and feel so envious of the lovely places you visit, we are not adventurous enough,

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Notsaying incase someone else gets in before us 🤣
We tend to prefert the coast, or at least to be near water, the one place we really ned to be is Playa Mazarron to meet up with friends. Oliva and Aguilas also favourites, would be good to try somewhere new. Have the bikes with us, but I am a very nervous rider. Read your posts and feel so envious of the lovely places you visit, we are not adventurous enough,
OK...we won't nip in first as we live 20 minutes from Puerto de Mazarron...
Regarding riding....there are many traffic free cycleways in Spain...a good way to enjoy the countryside without the fear of traffic bearing down on you....hope you get to find the new place...Spain is a vast country...

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Puerto de Mazarron and bolnuevo are lovely areas, have been a few times Met up with a german couple last year and have kept in touch. Would have liked to revisit Bonterra and Oliva and Aguilas too, but really need to try other areas.
Do like the cycleways in Spain, and the way drivers seem to be more courteous to those on bikes. Only just started cycling again since covid, legs were like jelly yesterday 🤣
Would be good to meet up if you are near home and we can get a place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back