Wildax thoughts, all electric (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Wildax Altair
Hello. Does anyone have any thoughts on Wildax and the all electric volt pack? Anyone had any problems with the volt pack and inverters burning out etc. please do let me know, looking to buy and seen they have a recall on it

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Hello. Does anyone have any thoughts on Wildax and the all electric volt pack? Anyone had any problems with the volt pack and inverters burning out etc. please do let me know, looking to buy and seen they have a recall on it
Search, I think there have been a few posts in the past šŸ˜Š

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Are they using an all-in-one powerpack type of thing?

Welcome to the forum.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
4 years
I have just bought one but have yet to use it so cannot comment.
Whats the recall concerning and where have you seen it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Wildax use high quality electrical components.

They were one of the first to offer a volt pack. Until this year, it was constructed using separate components, but they've now moved over to an all-in-one solution based on a Clayton Power unit.

I believe there is a recall on the early examples, to upgrade some of the wiring.

The Clayton Power unit looks very interesting, and I think is the right way to go. I believe it is becoming more common in the boating world.

It does give some great features, like the ability to charge the starter battery if it's flat. I've not heard of any unit failures.

If I were buying a new Wildax (mine is three years old), I'd specify the volt pack/Clayton unit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
We didnā€™t have any problems with the electrics on our Altair R/S 2024. Wildax completed the recall it took five hours. This entailed replacing the wiring to the inverter. The reason it takes 5 hours as explained by Lisa, they cut every individual wire to fit then add terminals which takes time. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back