Which engine is best and less hassle for 3500kg moho? (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 12, 2022
Blackburn, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato
Exp
Still looking moho but most private seller asking more than dealer price. And I just confused with new engines. 2.2-2.3-3.0 fiats, merc 2.1 and 2.2-2.4 transit, my old one had 2.8jtd... I don't want to suffer with pulling and don't want endless problem and not good mechanics around me. Any feedback will help. Thank you

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
But as a PHGV, doesn't it cost you commercial rates if you stray into London Ā£100 per day, instead of the Ā£12.50 if registered as a Motorcaravan?
Sorry for going off thread but everyone points out the benefits of PHGV but none of the downside. šŸ¤”
Iā€™ve no idea TBH but it doesnā€™t bother me, thereā€™s no way my Motorhome is going into London while Iā€™m owning it! šŸ„“

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I thought in 2008, that was in the Purgeot?
It was at one point in peugeot, citroƫn & the Fiat from 2008
Bros Citroen relay 2.2 Transit engined Wildax has had to be recovered from Europe twice due to dpf atomizer faults so I'd avoid this engine.
NO it is the dpf atomiser that is the fault .delete it all
Yep sure... already checked and here's the result šŸ˜†View attachment 956557
& as reliable as a broken clock. My Transport for London account for myforeign registered vehicles shows all vehicles I have supplied them with full details of. For my transit its states that it is exempt,no payment required. every time I go to pay at every stage the page changes you get told that it is exempt. It isn't ; when you go to "manage my vehicles" & "exempt" there is nothing there.

How would a proper non EFL foreigner work that one out? It really is & always has been a site designed to confuse , deceive , discourage & scam. I screen shot all of the rubbish & confronted them with it. Not interested.It really wants taking to court for the flagrant deception 6 deceit in using different systems for nationals & foriegn scum like me.
No its not I have a Fiat 2.2 it's a belt.
not unless uĀ”yours has aged 16 years .:laughing:we are talking 2008's

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017怋
as reliable as a broken clock. My Transport for London account for myforeign registered vehicles shows all vehicles I have supplied them with full details of. For my transit its states that it is exempt,no payment required. every time I go to pay at every stage the page changes you get told that it is exempt. It isn't ; when you go to "manage my vehicles" & "exempt" there is nothing there.
So TFL website says I am exempt.. I then drive Into "THE" zone...
Will I or won't I get charged..
Are you saying they use differant criteria to charge poeple than what they advertise on their own official TFL website???

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift 686
Exp
Escaping since 2012
Isn't the atomiser part of the adblue system? The adblue converts NOx into Nitrogen. The DPF filter does a different job and only requires exhaust temperature to be raised to burn off the soot.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back