Where can I get a replacement LED Light strip like this one? (11 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
where can i get some replacement LED Light strips like the one in the picture? Anyone know what they are called as searching for LED Light strip brings up loads?

its about 110cm long but i am assuming they come in one length and you can maybe cut them down somehow. The one i have is wafer thin and in fact looks like there is no wires on it but they must be somewhere underneath the actual led strip itself.

IMG_4136.JPG

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
where can i get some replacement LED Light strips like the one in the picture? Anyone know what they are called as searching for LED Light strip brings up loads?

its about 110cm long but i am assuming they come in one length and you can maybe cut them down somehow. The one i have is wafer thin and in fact looks like there is no wires on it but they must be somewhere underneath the actual led strip itself.

View attachment 957738
Yes you can cut them where they are marked, usually every 3 LEDs. I get them from Amazon where I can read the reviews first šŸ‘

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The ones on Amazon look completely different to this one, I am assuming they need to be 12v to avoid any other devices in the middle of it. These looks as though they are somehow stuck on but with no wires as its end to end but there must be a wire somewhere, i am assuming its underneath at one end.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The ones on Amazon look completely different to this one, I am assuming they need to be 12v to avoid any other devices in the middle of it. These looks as though they are somehow stuck on but with no wires as its end to end but there must be a wire somewhere, i am assuming its underneath at one end.
Yes they are usually 12v and usually the wires are soldered at one end.

They might get a little hot in the van if you leave your battery charger on which will be upwards of 13.4v. (Mine are always off during the day when the solar charger is on.)

You can get round this little problem by fitting a couple of 6A silicon diodes in series with the LEDs. Works great under my kitchen cabinets, almost as bright and run cool šŸ’™šŸ˜Ž

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: zac

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We get our led light strips from Aten Lighting in Melton Mowbray as they are 8v-30v because as has been mentioned your van could be up to 14.3v when in sulphate mode.

Reactions: zac
OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We get our led light strips from Aten Lighting in Melton Mowbray as they are 8v-30v because as has been mentioned your van could be up to 14.3v when in sulphate mode.
Will have a look at these as well, the more choice the better

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back