Wheelchair accessible motorhome (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Paul1979

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Prestwich
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208d
Exp
Im a newbie
Hello,

Does anyone have a motorhome that is wheelchair accessible from the side door? Or have a motorhome converted by a company to make it wheelchair accessible via a side door?

Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

dulvil

Deceased RIP
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My friend has a swift. About 7.5 metres long. large side door, electric wheelchair ramp, drivers seat moves back and sideways for access to wheelchair , steering wheel controls, wet room etc.coachbuilt UK built it 4 years ago

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
there's a few pre-loved motorhomes on their site too, hope the link works, quite fancy the escape 664, cat b licence, which would suit my powerchair, however my lottery numbers didn't come up and my purse is slim, hey ho, hope you find your perfect m/home paul..

<Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul1979

Paul1979

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Prestwich
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208d
Exp
Im a newbie
Google 5 seconds (y) Hope its of some use..

Haha helpful! NOT! ?

OP
OP
Paul1979

Paul1979

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Prestwich
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208d
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks for the info and the links guys, it's for a friend, we've don't a bit of googling between us and asked on Facebook as you do, he's been let down a couple of times by various companies. So getting info from people in the know is really useful thanks.

Oh and tonka, don't bother commenting on anything I post in the future if you don't mind, I have zero tolerance from trolls! ?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Oh and tonka, don't bother commenting on anything I post in the future if you don't mind, I have zero tolerance from trolls! ?

No problem (except for this reply) pity you didn't find it to be the help it was meant to be. I will test out the motorhome fun "ignore" button to avoid future comments. (y)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Think that's a bit rude of you to respond to someone who is obviously trying to point you towards what you requested. The same company was also linked by several other responders but you seemed to single out Tonka as a troll.
If the info supplied is not what your looking for then move on, no need to respond in such a manner imo. o_O

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
You might also look at a custom built vehicle - not as expensive as you might think depending on the manufacturer.

With a custom built your friend will be able to have everything where (s)he needs it rather than where someone thinks it is needed. There are a few companies that do this type of work :)

I know you are in Preston and your friend would probably be better using a local company should that be the route chosen but a couple of our local companies that tale on that type of custom work are Mill Garages in Duns (I've had a lot of great service from them and can't praise them enough) and Borders Camper Conversions in Hawick who I know less about although I have met the owner once.

OP
OP
Paul1979

Paul1979

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Prestwich
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208d
Exp
Im a newbie
You might also look at a custom built vehicle - not as expensive as you might think depending on the manufacturer.

With a custom built your friend will be able to have everything where (s)he needs it rather than where someone thinks it is needed. There are a few companies that do this type of work :)

I know you are in Preston and your friend would probably be better using a local company should that be the route chosen but a couple of our local companies that tale on that type of custom work are Mill Garages in Duns (I've had a lot of great service from them and can't praise them enough) and Borders Camper Conversions in Hawick who I know less about although I have met the owner once.

That's awesome puddleduck, thanks for that, I shall pass that information onto my friend, he has been thinking it might be easier to get something custom built as he knows everyone's requirements are different. ?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Doesn't say "Try" Googleat all. Check it yourself. He appears to be advising it took him 5 seconds to find something. And also showed a thumbs up.
Certainly not saying Try Google at all.
Think you need to apologise if it's not beneath you.

OP
OP
Paul1979

Paul1979

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Prestwich
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208d
Exp
Im a newbie
OK APOLOGIES TO TONKA, I MISSED THAT, I THOUGHT IT WAS A SIGNATURE BANNER ACROSS THE BOTTOM OF YOUR MESSAGE.

SORRY ABOUT THAT.

still trying to work this site out so again apologies

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We looked at doing this through coach built GB.....we were told that just adding the lift and widenin* the door uses up any VAT saved the full price for an all singing all dancing converted Swiftt Kontiki, was £97,500. We decided that was out of the question!

OP
OP
Paul1979

Paul1979

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Prestwich
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208d
Exp
Im a newbie
WoW....
I'd want it made out of gold with diamond embellishments for that kind of money lol! With a unicorn in the garage ?

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks for the info and the links guys, it's for a friend, we've don't a bit of googling between us and asked on Facebook as you do, he's been let down a couple of times by various companies. So getting info from people in the know is really useful thanks.

why the obnoxious post? Rule 1 springs to mind

OP
OP
Paul1979

Paul1979

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Prestwich
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 208d
Exp