Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Hi folks
Am about to fit a maxxair plus 400 to my 2021 kingham ,need a vent kit adaptor due to the "wriggly tin " nature of the boxer roof. Just wonder if anyone knows if there is a difference in the fiamma frame kit at £24.98 and the maxxair version at £65. Seems a big difference in price for something that should do the same job.
Thanks
Ray

OP
OP
R
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
You can buy the bits that fill the valleys separately for very much less (plastic) on eBay. They do the job every bit as well
Thanks for that, I did consider the infills until I saw the fiamma " frame " but wish I had seen them before I stuck down tread plate on the roof might have saved a bit of sikaflex :unsure:

Upvote 0
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
From the above post have you fitted a replacement “wriggly” bit?

When I did my Adria Twin I managed to separate the existing roof vent frame leaving the “wriggly” part on the van so no need to fit a replacement.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
No, haven't fitted it yet, sounds like a good idea ,would save a lot of work removing and cleaning of mastik.
Was it easy enough to cut the upstanding bit off the frame ? Must have a look when I remove the old rooflight which I will do when I get the maxxfan, thanks for the tip.
PS couldn't resist the wriggly tin bit, it's how we referred to corrugated iron in the military. Squaddie humour :giggler:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp

When I did my Adria Twin I managed to separate the existing roof vent frame leaving the “wriggly” part on the van so no need to fit a replacement.

No, haven't fitted it yet, sounds like a good idea ,would save a lot of work removing and cleaning of mastik.
Was it easy enough to cut the upstanding bit off the frame ? Must have a look when I remove the old rooflight which I will do when I get the maxxfan, thanks for the tip.
PS couldn't resist the wriggly tin bit, it's how we referred to corrugated iron in the military. Squaddie humour :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
:banghead:No, haven't fitted it yet, sounds like a good idea ,would save a lot of work removing and cleaning of mastik.
Oops posted replied twice, silly Billy :banghead:

Upvote 0
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
IMG_2305.jpeg

This is what it looked like, I use an old carving knife to split the seal between the rooflight frame and the “wriggly” bit which you can see is still in place and well sealed. Some meths clean up the old black sealant leaving a perfect surface to seal the Maxxfan base to.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Dec 6, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Looks like a neat job, thanks for the pics they speak a thousand words can't wait to get the maxxfan now, just need some sun it's been a bit grim up here in Scotland this week.
Excuse my ignorance but it looks like your "wriggly bit" is a separate entity to the frame which was stuck on top so to speak, I ,not having taken it apart thought it was all one piece. Must have a look in the morning, thanks again.
Ray

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back