What to do with damaged phone (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have replace my phone I dropped it and smashed the screen, I was going to get a new screen for it but on top of the broken screen it keeps cutting out. I have managed to do a re-set on it but I'm not sure what to do with it now, I don't think it is OK to but it in the bin, it has no value so not even easy to give away. Do phones get recycled? if so where?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have replace my phone I dropped it and smashed the screen, I was going to get a new screen for it but on top of the broken screen it keeps cutting out. I have managed to do a re-set on it but I'm not sure what to do with it now, I don't think it is OK to but it in the bin, it has no value so not even easy to give away. Do phones get recycled? if so where?
Not sure but our local tip have a separate place for all electronics

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Our rubbish collection includes ‘small electrical items’ for recycling,every two weeks….

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I wreck mine with a hammer and destroy the hard drive. Despite resetting phones, they can still retain data that I don’t want to give out, so I smash away.

Its also very cathartic

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Whenever I find I have something that is FUBAR'd, I take it to bits to see if .....
(a) I can learn anything or
(b) find another use for it or its component parts
(c) put any 'useful' bits in my 'for use later' drawer
(d) vent any frustration by hitting it with a big hammer.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I wreck mine with a hammer and destroy the hard drive. Despite resetting phones, they can still retain data that I don’t want to give out, so I smash away.

Its also very cathartic
I am due a new phone, mine is currently limping along with smashed screen, regular drop off, battery last about half a day.
I am looking forward to trying out new and creative was of rendering this old phone useless... 😂

Mar 9, 2021
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
In theory, every component of a mobile phone is recyclable, however…… it takes so long to dismantle and each component is so tiny that it is just not cost-effective

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back