Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 18, 2022
Staffordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 254
Exp
4 years
Would some kind person(s) please enlighten me?
I was always under the impression that a canopy was the sort of thing shopkeepers wound out to keep the sun off their shop windows as Arkwright did.
It was one piece of fabric, usually of a waterproof material. It had no sides or front to it.
Again, I thought an awning was that extra room that could be attached to a caravan (sorry for swearing!!!)
It has a roof, sides and a front, with windows and a door.
We therefore, have a canopy on our moho and not an awning.
Why then do sites insist on attempting to charge us for an awning?
Clarification required, please?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
On a campsite, the awning is the bit you attach to your awning, that you’ve wound out.

Winding the awning in and out, doesn’t bring any extra costs, but attaching an awning, to your awning will incur charges.

Good init and hopefully clear as muddy water 👍🏻

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Oxford Dictionary definition:
noun
  1. a sheet of canvas or other material stretched on a frame and used to keep the sun or rain off a shop window, doorway, or ship's deck.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Ahhh, so technically we have land yachts, so thats ok 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
If you are paying for a pitch space then how can they justify charging for anything you put in that space? Their site, their rules I guess.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
CAMC club sites offer awning and non awning pitches, in my experience they have been the same price, you are allowed to have your wind out on a non awning pitch as long as it doesn’t extend into the fire break.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Some of the club none awning pitches are tiny or stuck on a corner. I never book none awning for that reason,, never been charged for the wind out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
CAMC club sites offer awning and non awning pitches, in my experience they have been the same price, you are allowed to have your wind out on a non awning pitch as long as it doesn’t extend into the fire break.
The CAMC non awning pitches that we have used, we could wind the awning out during the day but had to take it in at night.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
The CAMC non awning pitches that we have used, we could wind the awning out during the day but had to take it in at night.
As I understand d it CMC awning pitch is one that has space to put out an awning
and fit an enclosure. I think it is because on a non awning pitch if you have a caravan and a car there is not space to park it on the pitch . The warden will tell you! After you have put the enclosure up:giggler:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back