What are you looking at? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 23, 2022
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
As of today, 23/8/22 minus a few weeks! ( deposit paid, awaiting collection)
Good Morning

We have just returned from our first “big” trip. Ie more than a few days. We stayed at six different sites over three weeks. It struck me how different sites can be, facilities of varying comfort and cleanliness, pitch sizes etc.
However what was one of the biggest impacts on our enjoyment of a pitch was the view, whilst sitting outside the Motorhome.
This realisation will play a big part in future choices. I like to be on a site where something is to be seen to soothe the mind, or stimulate one’s thoughts.
So far, a good sea view really helps, maybe animals in an adjacent field, possibly a good vista for wildlife or birds.
My question is do you have a favourite site or recommendation where the view made a big impact on your enjoyment?

Thanks in advance…

Phil in Northampton

IMG_1046.jpeg
IMG_0760.jpeg

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
It is not the views necessarily but the surroundings. So trees, livestock, wildlife, green environment. What doesn’t give me any feel good factor is rows of vans and tarmac roads.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We've found we prefer the sites which are very green (ie many on grass pitches) and near river or sea.

Our favourite site (my wife tells me this) is St Neots in Cambridge (CACC club). It's by the river, and if you take a grass no EHU pitch you may get a riverside pitch if lucky (there is no EHU here due to the flooding that happens from time to time!). It's walkable to both a nice pub in one direction and the city centre in the other (so you can restock on anything on FOOT). Lovely walks around the area and it's also next to the city's major parkland. This is also super cheap if you are a CACC member, stay for over 3 nights and use the 40% off grass no ehu pitch discounts (works out for us, and we don't qualify for over 60's rates at under £20 a night for 2 adults).

Our second favourite is the non-awning pitches at Kessingland CAMC site (not CACC), as these are literally ON the beach front, with a single gate to the beach. You can see the sea from your pitch on any of the front 14 ish pitches. This is not a cheap pitch, but it is very relaxing and the walks from the site are amazing. The beach here is dog friendly ALL year, unlike many in the suffolk area.

There are other independant sites we like but at different times of year -> ones in the woods, like Thetford and a private site at Dunwich Heath -> these are very much "in the woods" with walks from the site, and in the case of Dunwich a decent pub/restaurant on the site too (along with very reasonably pitch fees outside of July/August). Dunwich is an amazing campsite for the money, and is open all year.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
P
Aug 23, 2022
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail tracker
Exp
As of today, 23/8/22 minus a few weeks! ( deposit paid, awaiting collection)
Good Evening

Thanks Starquake!
Some nice information for consideration!

Phil in Northampton

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We love Highlands End in Dorset for the sea views and walks, other favourites sites by the Mosel and Camping Lorelei Blick by the Rhine. Love to sit and watch boats.

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Every CL we have tried has at the least been a green field surrounded by large trees.
That's enough for us to unwind ........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Absolutely agree Phil, the sites with the best views are what make me love motor homing so much. My personal favourites include many on the Outer Hebrides which have you right on the edge of those white sand/turquoise sea landscapes, also Galmpton in Devon, on a hillside overlooking the River Dart, and many in South West Scotland including Culzean Castle CC&C site, with views of Arran. Oh and Bunree too. I don't have a beautiful view from my own back garden, but in the van I can have views every day whenever we are away. Perfect!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back