Water leak. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
2008 Sunlight A69
Hi All, please help! So I have a 2008 Sunlight A69. Had her 3 years and hasn’t missed a beat. Over this season (I use it year round, so I only have one season) I’ve had a soft spot just as you step out of the washroom. I thought it was just compression of the timber board as both myself and the Mrs both step out onto the same point so wasn’t overly concerned.

Last weekend I totally broke the tap in the shower room (it has been on its last legs for a while) I had a jubilee clip around the outlet to keep the shower hose connected as it had crack on the underside. Obviously I had to strip the shower cubicle down so did that and found no water issues behind shower boards or on pipes etc.

Whilst at it I took a board out to access under the washroom just for a look. As I took it out one of the screw holes produced clear water. Panic set in. The soft spots are clearly related. As I pushed on the floor near the screw hole more clean water appeared. Yesterday I set about cutting into the floor (horrible) as thought maybe the screw had penetrated a hidden pipe. No pipe! I cut the floor back as much as I could to dry boards. The insulation was wet so I removed and I’m in the process of drying out. No water was on top of the floor or visible underneath, this is in the middle insulated part of the board. I can not locate any leak. Has anyone any idea or experience? I find it strange that it is within the insulated board and not on top?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My poor van.

IMG_4949.jpeg

IMG_4932.jpeg

IMG_4941.jpeg

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Try draining your fresh and grey tanks, at least you will know it is not from those systems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V
Sep 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
2008 Sunlight A69
Done that. Did it as soon as I got back last weekend. Refilled the clean water yesterday to see if any obvious water now I have a huge hole in the floor 😥 but nothing obvious. Why is it in the middle of the board?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back