Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

sarah.l.taylor15

Free Member
Aug 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
autocruise rythmn
Hi,

We recently upgraded from a Toyota alphard to an auto cruise rhythm (2012) we have noticed twice that whilst the van was not level and their was fresh water in the tank that water is leaking inside the van (appears to be from the fridge area on the floor and running down to the side door). Has anyone had a similar experience or know where we even look for the leak?
Can’t seem to see any access points to any of the water pipes.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's possible the leak is continuous but you only notice it when the slope causes the water to flow onto the floor. When level the water may be draining somewhere else. Check any storage compartments under the floor if it has any.

If the amount of water is sufficient to reach the door it won't be condensation from the 'fridge I think.

Can you hear if the pump is running intermittently? This is a sure sign of a leak but only if you have a pressurised water system. Some systems work on micro-switches on each tap. If you can see the underside of a tap check if there are any wires.

I would suggest turning off the pump and draining the fresh water if you can't locate the leak quickly. A leak can cause expensive damage if not stopped.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If it appears from the fridge area, and you have external grills for your fridge (as three way fridges do) take off the external grills and look for a cause.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sarah.l.taylor15

sarah.l.taylor15

Free Member
Aug 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
autocruise rythmn
It's possible the leak is continuous but you only notice it when the slope causes the water to flow onto the floor. When level the water may be draining somewhere else. Check any storage compartments under the floor if it has any.

If the amount of water is sufficient to reach the door it won't be condensation from the 'fridge I think.

Can you hear if the pump is running intermittently? This is a sure sign of a leak but only if you have a pressurised water system. Some systems work on micro-switches on each tap. If you can see the underside of a tap check if there are any wires.

I would suggest turning off the pump and draining the fresh water if you can't locate the leak quickly. A leak can cause expensive damage if not stopped.
Thanks John. Thank is empty now!
I have checked under the kitchen tap and there is just 2 water pipes

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
sarah.l.taylor15

sarah.l.taylor15

Free Member
Aug 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
autocruise rythmn

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The toilet shouldn't fill itself of course so my first guess is this may be linked to the leak. It may be a totally unrelated issue but I suggest tackling this first.

If you know what sort of loo it is, Dometic or Thetford probably and ideally a model number there may be folk on here who can help.

Might also be worth checking the compartment where the cassette is and see if there is any water where it shouldn't be.

OP
OP
sarah.l.taylor15

sarah.l.taylor15

Free Member
Aug 18, 2024
Funster No
MH
autocruise rythmn
Managed to get the kick plate under the fridge off. Couldn’t see a leak but put water in the tank and turned the pump on, then saw a trickle of water so still don’t know where the leak is coming from but will be in touch with the warranty company in the morning. Thanks for your help

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Managed to get the kick plate under the fridge off. Couldn’t see a leak but put water in the tank and turned the pump on, then saw a trickle of water so still don’t know where the leak is coming from but will be in touch with the warranty company in the morning. Thanks for your help
That sounds like progress!

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I had same on a different van

Notice water under the van and just thought is was the condensation from the fridge but when not level I notice coming from under the kick board

With a bit of patience and a screw driver I managed to found it was a leaking joint where the pipe wasn't pushed far enough into the connector so it was dripping down the pipe through the floor grommet out the van level but when on a wonk water was running wherever it wanted

Ten minutes and a contortionist act later all fixed, but now worried the rest of the joints could be a bit sh*t, so I don't leave the water pump on for any longer then necessary and empty the pressure out the taps when finished

Last edited:

FEC

Apr 23, 2023
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
6 months into the adventure
Hi,

We recently upgraded from a Toyota alphard to an auto cruise rhythm (2012) we have noticed twice that whilst the van was not level and their was fresh water in the tank that water is leaking inside the van (appears to be from the fridge area on the floor and running down to the side door). Has anyone had a similar experience or know where we even look for the leak?
Can’t seem to see any access points to any of the water pipes.

Thanks in advance,
Hi Sarah -We have a different van to yours but have been plagued by a phantom intermittent water leak since we bought it a year ago -last time at the dealership they said they could not find a leak -yet it reappeared when we went on a trip.
There was a constant drip when the water pump was on and depending on angle of van came out at different places. Also the water pump would 'whirr' every few seconds when the pump was on.
We took a video of it when it happened to help them diagnose it. Might be worth taking film/photos if you are getting it looked at?
Turned out ours was a fractured pipe at the back of the toilet (made the water pump malfunction and some water would occasionally seep into the cabin near the toilet. You are probably more mechanically minded than me (wouldn't be hard) but I needed professionals to sort it as wouldn't be remotely qualified to tackle it myself.
Hope you get to bottom of it. đź‘Ť

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back