Water leak HELP! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Keely

Free Member
Jul 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
95 Peugeotboxer Elit
We've just brought a 1995 Peugeot Boxer Elite 350D and we're test driving everything works before going out in it!
When putting on the water pump water is gushing out of back drivers side rear! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Pictures would be helpful, both of where the leak is and surrounding infrastructure.

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We've just brought a 1995 Peugeot Boxer Elite 350D and we're test driving everything works before going out in it!
When putting on the water pump water is gushing out of back drivers side rear! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
What’s situated in that corner? Bathroom? Kitchen? Waste water drain?

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
Water boiler dump valve open ?
Is it coming from under where the boiler is ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Keely

Keely

Free Member
Jul 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
95 Peugeotboxer Elit
Pictures would be helpful, both of where the leak is and surrounding infrastructure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Doesn't look like the boiler frost valve, the underside looks to be wet. I think you'll have to investigate from the inside or whatever is above that damp patch on the underside and follow the leak from there

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Keely

Keely

Free Member
Jul 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
95 Peugeotboxer Elit
I think the bathroom needs ripping out personally

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
w2f :WelcomeFlag:

Welcome to the FUN :) I'm so sorry you have a leak. I'm unable to help you but lots of people here will be able to. You're in the right place :) xx

Upvote 0

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
There seems to be some historic damage the bodywork there so maybe a pipe has become dislodged.
This seems to be the most likely scenario to me. Does the leak stop when the pump is off? I think that you are going to have to trace all the pipe work that runs through this area to find your leak.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
All looks clean and dry under there for a thirty year old van(except the leak obviously). So I think it is something new like a pipe come adrift and probably not too serious.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I would phone phone the seller and advise the problem he might be able to indicate what the issues are .plus you can always ask for some cash back to fix it.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I would phone phone the seller and advise the problem he might be able to indicate what the issues are .plus you can always ask for some cash back to fix it.
Or more likely get the..... Wasn't there when I had it mate!!!

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
If it is only running when the pump is on it is either the hot or cold feeding one of the taps or the toilet flush

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Personally, that looks like a pipe has come adrift, that's all.
No need to panic, but you will need to trace it back to the pump if possible.
May seem like a daunting job, but have been there on our previous motorhome and no need to think all is doom and gloom.
The underside from the pictures does not seem to show a long standing issue with this fault or damp, so probably that has occurred since you took ownership and took the van over areas that may have caused vibration and a pipe to be dislodged.
Don't loose heart, I am sure it's a relatively simple fix, if not time consuming, but certainly fixable without any serious damage.
Good luck in your efforts.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
My money is on a leak in the pipework either under the sink or at the back of the shower mixer. You need to look under the sink and try and get the shower mixer off or at least access to the back of it. As long as it's not been leaking long enough to make the floor soft it should be a cheapish fix.
If you bought from a dealer get them to fix it if it's a private sale I'd give them a call although you are probably then going to end up paying yourself

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Keely

Keely

Free Member
Jul 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
95 Peugeotboxer Elit
Thank you for the advice everyone, we're total novices when it comes to Motor homes as this is our first one. Being so old we knew there would likely be something adrift!!
The water only comes out when the pump is on and theres no dampness as such that we can find inside the van.
Having someone come out to have a closer look today!
Funnily enough the previous owner said they never used the shower!! Now I know why and we will be asking for a refund which I'm sure we'll get 🤨

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If they really did never use the s
Thank you for the advice everyone, we're total novices when it comes to Motor homes as this is our first one. Being so old we knew there would likely be something adrift!!
The water only comes out when the pump is on and theres no dampness as such that we can find inside the van.
Having someone come out to have a closer look today!
Funnily enough the previous owner said they never used the shower!! Now I know why and we will be asking for a refund which I'm sure we'll get

If they really did never use the shower they might not have known!

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does it only happen when you run the bathroom tap, if it’s a pipe adrift I would expect the same leak whichever tap you run

Good getting sorted, you did well to get someone out so quick đź‘Ť

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back