Water from shower pink in colour? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We are in Spain. Not sure that matters

The last couple of times using the shower the first few seconds after turning on the tap the water has been a pinkish colour but soon clears.

The only difference from last summer is that we have been using gas to heat the Truma.

I can only think that the water has taken some dye from the red water pipe from the boiler to shower head.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Thanks

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Is it perhaps a leak from your Alde Central heating fluid which may be pink?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
The two most common bacteria causing pink shower mold are called Serratia marcescens and Aureobasidium pullulans. These bacteria produce a pigment, known as prodigiosin, that ranges in hue from pinks to oranges to reds.26 Apr 2022

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
1st stop using tap till system cleaned out and steralized it sounds like a bacterial infection in your pipes, stoping the flow causes the bacteria build up, run tap comes out pink then run water and clears and it will only get worse, could have been picked up from a dirty water tap that some dirty B**tard used to flush out their cassette.

OP
OP
David and Sally
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have drained the shower hose and will put some Aquatabs in the system along with fresh water. This has never happened in the UK so I am wondering if there is something different about Spanish water treatment.
Been a couple of weeks this has been happening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
More likely to be your shower head rather than your shower hose, I'd try and buy a replacement shower head and see if that works.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I have drained the shower hose and will put some Aquatabs in the system along with fresh water. This has never happened in the UK so I am wondering if there is something different about Spanish water treatment.
Been a couple of weeks this has been happening, could that be somehow responsible?
I haven't been to Spain for a few years but, they used to desalinate some of their water, especially near the coast.
Could that be somehow responsible? 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back