Washbasin tap repair, how, Adria Twin (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Just the latest fail in my troublesome 2 year old Adria Twin.

So, a standard basin mixer tap, swing the lever towards you to activate the micro switch to turn the pump on and twist left for cold or right for hot. Initially wouldn’t activate the pump on hot, then not on cold and now not at all. Fortunately being a pvc I can open the tap then reach over to the kitchen tap and turn it on to activate the pump.

Has anyone had similar issue and repaired it? I’ve seen a YouTube video of a repair on a different tap but I can’t work out how to remove the valve cover to check the micro switch. Also if you did repair where did you source a new micro switch?

Appreciate any assistance to resolve the tap turning on gymnastics 😀.

IMG_0052.jpeg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Are you sure it’s micro switched? Our Adria ( agreed not a pvc) has a sureflow pump that detects pressure drop when opening the tap in either direction and fires up.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Ours did the same. Ended up getting a new tap fitted as was the electric bit inside tap! Sorry not technical but ours would only work in a few positions then not at all. Had a fairly good idea what it was but no idea how to sort it ourselves so opted for dealer fix! Ours is Adria twin as well.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Probably the wires to the microswitch broken inside the tap. You can take the tap apart and repair them or replace the microswitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Found it. £120 tap. £38 fitting. Probably dealer prices but we were happy just to get it sorted quickly.

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
You can take the tap apart
That’s the part I was hoping someone else had done, sometimes these things just need a good sharp tug to dismantle, sometimes that just breaks them. Usually there’s a well hidden tab to depress or similar. I’m tempted to disconnect the wires from the tap and put in a standalone switch but swmbo didn’t seem impressed with that suggestion.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If its a Reich tap there will be a small torx scew on the back of the body that holds the body on you will probably need to take the tap out to get at it.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Is there a cap on the lever part?

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Yep as said on my Adria twin small torx screw to the rear but that only allows you to get to the cartridge from memory , you need to remove the panel below the tap which is a conundrum to access the nut holding the tap on and the wiring and micro switch . There is another thread you will find on how to access the tap panel , have a look at that before you attempt it without causing damage to the flimsy panel 😉

OP
OP
Andy MacD
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
tap panel
Don’t have anything below so direct access from below to the tap, pipes and wiring. My contact at the dealership advised me to get a replacement tap on eBay as it would cost less then the Adria one and I’d get it in days rather than months for an Adria part. All the previous warranty repairs have required a wait of around 12 weeks for a part.

Bobbydaisy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Ah I see it’s a design change ? Ours had a drop down sink , looks like a better set up with fixed sink .

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
A few years
The faceplate on the sink shelf is pretty easy to remove and gets you more working space below. There’s a (probably) black interlock pin on the two hoses that’s really fiddly to get out without removing that plate.

As Lenny HB said it’s probably a loose wire. Try YouTube that’s where I got my tap repair teachings.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
If its a Reich tap there will be a small torx scew on the back of the body that holds the body on you will probably need to take the tap out to get at it.
On hours it's a spring loaded plunger that needs to be pushed in to release top of tap

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Old thread, but there’s also some useful stuff (inc pictures) on the Adria Twin FB page about wiring & microswitch failure on these taps. Seems to be a very common problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back