Want to fit a storage net inside one of our cupboards (1 Viewer)

dutts303

Free Member
Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
Hi,

There's a 12v cigarette lighter socket inside the cupboard over the sink where we keep our plates. This leads to a multitude of tablets, phones and watches ending up plugged to charge so I picked up a storage net (like Amazon product ASIN B00DSON26Y) that's the right dimensions to fit on the wall inside the cupboard and keep the mess off our plates.

My question is, the net came with some self tapping screws, but is there anything I need to be careful of screwing into the wall?

TIA

Rich

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes, the wall may only be 4 or 5mm thick.
May be worth getting some 12mm square batton and fixing it inside the cupboard with Sikaflex adhesive the when set screw into that.
Drill small pilot holes to prevent the wood splitting when the screws are driven in.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
My panel van has got 3mm ply covering some of the walls... flexes a bit. I've put one of those large netted pockets on the back door to put in the contents of my pockets at bed time. No issues, just went straight in with the screws... don't over-tighten them though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dutts303

dutts303

Free Member
Aug 30, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 03
Exp
Since 2019
Yes, the wall may only be 4 or 5mm thick.
May be worth getting some 12mm square batton and fixing it inside the cupboard with Sikaflex adhesive the when set screw into that.
Drill small pilot holes to prevent the wood splitting when the screws are driven in.

Ah yes the wall thickness was one worry. Good idea about fixing it onto batton instead, thanks.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back