Volunteer and shape the direction of the Caravan and Motorhome Club! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We would all like volunteers to garden, shop, clean the car, housework etc. Do you think it's worth posting for possible work for nothing funsters??? Or not?

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
And as they are already committed to closing a number of "no facility" sites where is the point?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the brainstorming for this idea 😝
I am most happy to volunteer this ‘ stop the dynamic pricing and read your tarot cards better’ maybe then they will realise that Motorhomers don’t want to be penalised for being spur of the moment holidayers and charged more for it 😈

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the brainstorming for this idea 😝
I am most happy to volunteer this ‘ stop the dynamic pricing and read your tarot cards better’ maybe then they will realise that Motorhomers don’t want to be penalised for being spur of the moment holidayers and charged more for it 😈

Exactly. They are useless as a club if we can't book once we know the weather forecast. The having to prebook means risking the weather, and we all know how bad that has been this summer. And funnily enough first "sunny" weekend and can't book a sausage, despite driving past a near empty (grass pitches) site on way to a CACC site who were more than happy enough to take my money on a 3 day ahead (cheap) booking.

I also don't get the insistence on toilet blocks myself, dont want, or need a toilet or shower.

As long as whoever is feeding back to them shows that. It was notable just how few of us at the CAMC clubfest were fully off grid for the 4 days, the club needs to realise not everyone desires their electricity services these day (in positives though we did get a premium pitch compare with those who did "need" electrickery. But it's also quite nuts that they only offer a £40 saving for not taking the electric when you visit the site and realise the sheer infrastructure in generators/cabling and distribution boxes it causes. The entire event would probably be a TON cheaper if most didn't use the electricity. The really odd thing in clubfest land was that the toilet and showers were a chargable extra that MOST didn't have access to from the site plan. So their main event of the year doesn't do toilets and showers and most survive, yet they offer them at most of their campsites. Why?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Gosh this Thread has brought out the critics!

I think they are just encouraging folk to apply for roles on committees, no cleaning of toilets required. :)

It's like any club - it needs members to get involved for it to have a chance of working. My experience has been I end up on the committee of any club I join. :)

But I don't use CMC sites very often, once a year perhaps so I'm not going to be volunteering but for those who tour mostly in the UK it might be aa chance to influence things.

Those who never use CMC sites can walk on by. :)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Exactly. They are useless as a club if we can't book once we know the weather forecast. The having to prebook means risking the weather, and we all know how bad that has been this summer. And funnily enough first "sunny" weekend and can't book a sausage, despite driving past a near empty (grass pitches) site on way to a CACC site who were more than happy enough to take my money on a 3 day ahead (cheap) booking.

I also don't get the insistence on toilet blocks myself, dont want, or need a toilet or shower.

As long as whoever is feeding back to them shows that. It was notable just how few of us at the CAMC clubfest were fully Y
You sound perfect for the job. Have have you volunteered?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Gosh this Thread has brought out the critics!

I think they are just encouraging folk to apply for roles on committees, no cleaning of toilets required. :)

It's like any club - it needs members to get involved for it to have a chance of working. My experience has been I end up on the committee of any club I join. :)

But I don't use CMC sites very often, once a year perhaps so I'm not going to be volunteering but for those who tour mostly in the UK it might be aa chance to influence things.

Those who never use CMC sites can walk on by. :)
As the saying goes John you're farting against thunder.
Those who criticise do those who don't live and let live.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Shape direction of CAMC. Might as well nudge a supertanker with a Zodiac using a British Seagull outboard.
But, given infinite time and no other external forces (Wind, Tide, Correction of the rudder), A zodiac with a seagull could turn a 'supertanker'.

(I agree probably best done in the infinity of space to limit the external factors to the 100kg seagull bow thruster)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back