LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi I’ve just changed a faulty sterling B2B for the Victron unit I’ve followed the instructions just wanted to check if it’s best to re connect the ignition wire that the sterling had or just use the smart part on the victron normal instal? Motorhome is Pilote a class 2020 Fiat 2.3 with smart alternator.
IMG_1204.jpeg

OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
If the ignition wire is readily available, that's the best bet. I tried the smart settings out of interest when I installed mine and with a smart alternator it proved quite challenging. With the fixed input it works perfectly.
Hi Ray-Vic that’s great the wire is easy to access so will attach it to the unit 😊

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Best to connect the "h" terminal to the D+, if you connect to an ignition terminal it will start charging immediately you turn the ignition on.

OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Lenny thanks for the tip where will I find the D+ on the ducato?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Best to connect the "h" terminal to the D+, if you connect to an ignition terminal it will start charging immediately you turn the ignition on.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Better to pick it up from your distribution unit safer that connecting direct to the alternator.

What distribution unit do you have make & model number.
I suspect it is either a CBE or Elektroblock.

Apr 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Check that the wire you said was previously triggering your Sterling unit isn't already a D+ connection. I had assumed it was.

You can check this by placing a meter on it and checking it to ground and seeing if it shows 12v only after a short while of the engine running. When you just turn the ignition on it should show nothing.

OP
OP
Adtan

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
Check that the wire you said was previously triggering your Sterling unit isn't already a D+ connection. I had assumed it was.

You can check this by placing a meter on it and checking it to ground and seeing if it shows 12v only after a short while of the engine running. When you just turn the ignition on it should show nothing.
Hi Ray-Vic that sounds like a plan was just about to post if I could check the wire that’s already there will try that this morning Thanks
Adam 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back