VB air 4c Suspension Repairs Discussion (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Sounds like bags or seals perishing as 30,000 miles is not much.
I wounder if the van is not used a lot the materials harden and more prone to failure like tyres are.

I wondered that too, but not knowing how the OP used his vehicle........? 🤔

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Ooer! We have just returned home from Doncaster with full air 4C fitted. I must say the front suspension is not as good as I had hoped, the crashing is reduced a bit but not as much as I had hoped. ( M6 elevated section with the bad joints is the best test). Everything else, self levelling, dipping the back down to get the Suzuki in much easier, riding at the right height regardless of weight all fantastic. I also had to do an emergency stop on the M40 and it was great but that may have been down to the new General Grabber A3 tyres I had just had fitted with new Rogue Alloys.
I did keep all the old parts, just in case as an insurance policy so maybe it won’t happen to me.
VB’s reaction I think is bad, no possibility of repair sounds very bad.
Unlike Lenny I intend to be driving till I am at least 100, so a replacement after such a short time, I would not be happy. That reminds me, must check that there is a written guarantee.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I wondered that too, but not knowing how the OP used his vehicle........? 🤔
My van is used all year but not as much in winter, covid year obviously less.
I wonder if it's best to leave the suspension in parking/lowered. Or is it best to leave on levelling jacks?

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
My van is used all year but not as much in winter, covid year obviously less.
I wonder if it's best to leave the suspension in parking/lowered. Or is it best to leave on levelling jacks?
I wondered that as well, fully lowered would leave the bags folded a bit so I have opted for driving position which leaves the roof sloping so water doesn’t pool on it, and the bags inflated.
I wish I had gone for Goldschmidt now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I wondered that as well, fully lowered would leave the bags folded a bit so I have opted for driving position which leaves the roof sloping so water doesn’t pool on it, and the bags inflated.
I wish I had gone for Goldschmidt now!
I think there are problems with Goldschmitt as well and it would have cost a couple of grand more.
I can't have Goldschmitt on the Carthago, Carthago won't approve it. Funny that it's a Hymer company.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Ooer! We have just returned home from Doncaster with full air 4C fitted. I must say the front suspension is not as good as I had hoped, the crashing is reduced a bit but not as much as I had hoped. ( M6 elevated section with the bad joints is the best test). Everything else, self levelling, dipping the back down to get the Suzuki in much easier, riding at the right height regardless of weight all fantastic. I also had to do an emergency stop on the M40 and it was great but that may have been down to the new General Grabber A3 tyres I had just had fitted with new Rogue Alloys.
I did keep all the old parts, just in case as an insurance policy so maybe it won’t happen to me.
VB’s reaction I think is bad, no possibility of repair sounds very bad.
Unlike Lenny I intend to be driving till I am at least 100, so a replacement after such a short time, I would not be happy. That reminds me, must check that there is a written guarantee.
Yes, those were my thoughts when I drove home after having it fitted, not nearly as good a ride as I had imagined it would be.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Going to 4C certainly isn't a magic carpet ride. But I thought it was a reasonable step up. About as good again as changing from 80psi camper tyres to 50psi standard been tyres. There's still quite a lot of noise in the van on bumps. But it's not as jarring as it was. Compared to the ride on my dad's Skoda SUV, it's far less harsh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back