Using My Diesel Heating Makes My MH Smell (44 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
It seems to me that you frequently seek advice here but on a life saving matter you choose to ignore that advice, Could you enlighten us are we doing something wrong?

I've already said I'm not going into it. This is a public forum (public forever, with no option to delete posts) and not a place to discuss personal situations. So, no, I won't enlighten you.

Aug 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
chausson
I have been using diesel heaters for years both personally and professionally in ambos. One thing to remember is that having it running for long periods on a low setting can induce carbon build up which affects a clean burn. Once a month or every other month run it on the maximum setting for 30mins, this can burn off the carbon and retain a clean burn. If at any point this doesn’t work, then there are service kits available and it’s not that complicated to do. Most of the Chinese heaters are direct copies of Eberspacher/Webasto so most of the parts are interchangeable but do your homework first.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
I have been using diesel heaters for years both personally and professionally in ambos. One thing to remember is that having it running for long periods on a low setting can induce carbon build up which affects a clean burn. Once a month or every other month run it on the maximum setting for 30mins, this can burn off the carbon and retain a clean burn. If at any point this doesn’t work, then there are service kits available and it’s not that complicated to do. Most of the Chinese heaters are direct copies of Eberspacher/Webasto so most of the parts are interchangeable but do your homework first.
If it needs high heat at full chat to burn carbon deposits, it means it runs to rich. The mix can be adjusted to run just a smidge on the lean side, resulting in a complete burn even on the lowest setting.. There should be no smell at all on any setting.
Also the lowest setting has to have sufficient chamber temperature, it needs to be set right, otherwise it will have carbon build up.
My chinese diesel heater can run on min for weeks and months. Last time I opened it up to service, there was no soot to clean. Periodically I run some kerosene trough it and is squeaky clean. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back