LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Hi MHF clan, we are currently in the Vendee and our Burstner Ixeo bathroom tap is leaking big time. We can’t flush the loo or use the kitchen tap without a deluge in the bathroom. How do we get to close off the supply please

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I would think it sounds like a coupling between the hose and the bathroom tap has come adrift.
similar happened to me in our globecar.
the system is pressurised when the pump runs (which happens when loo is flushed or any tap is run) and water comes out of the unplugged hose end
It depends on how your bathroom is put together and the access to the underside of the tap base .
I had to take apart the sink area of our bathroom to get at the tap— it is held on with a large threaded nut in the underside of the tap under the sink base - you need to get at hte hoses and attempt to refit - they are held in by a grub screw, and it is possible a hose was connected incorrecty and the retaining grub screw didn’t engage, so the hose pulled out of the tap.

i assume it is a Reich tap - something like this

there are two types of coupling - so make sure you get the correct one.

there was no way to isolate the bathroom hose as far as I could see in our van

Last edited:

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Could be something as simple as the tails red and blue have cone loose and need tightening up. Hand tight will get you out of trouble as they have an o ring on them ..

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Maybe clamp pipe shut if a flexible pipe, ie mole grips. Only a temp measure and may damage the pipe....

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You're going to need to get underneath it to sort it. Sounds like either the flexible connector has come adrift or split.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
1C4BECEB-BC0F-4C61-B40B-2361D4CD93B4.jpeg
93A29F34-DEDB-4F1A-9D99-E4E484562239.jpeg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Could be something as simple as the tails red and blue have cone loose and need tightening up. Hand tight will get you out of trouble as they have an o ring on them ..
For me, the red and blue tails were correctly fitted to the onboard hoses, but the red hose came adrift from the white plastic tap base housing because the hose had not been pushed fully home before the retaining screw was done up - so the retaining screw was hte wrong side of the lip in the hose fitting -
it took 4 yrs to work free

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Where on the Vendée are you? I have a load of tools, Inc plumbing tools etc at our static in Challans, we are not there but if it helps you're welcome to go and borrow them, you might need to pay to stay the night on site but if you have a good root most tools are there?

OP
OP
GerTee

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Huge thank you MisterB for your very kind offer. We have a lot of tools but we have found the pipes and just need to somehow isolate the tap.

OP
OP
GerTee

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Thank you to all you Funsters for your help and support, true stars. We’ve managed to cobble together a temporary fix and will try to find a camping car fixer on Monday. We’ll be using the water sparingly, so you may smell us from the Vendee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
There are a couple just outside La Roche sur Yon - they are motorhome dealers and have large accessory departments, you should be able to get what you need from there?

OP
OP
GerTee

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Update.

Firstly, again, many thanks to the Funsters who responded to our call for help yesterday. Knowing that there is a community there who are ready to help makes a difficult situation easier.

It turns out that the fault was in the tap itself. Whatever seal there was between the top part which controls the amount of hot/cold water coming out of the tap and the bottom supply piece was completely banjaxed. Himself managed to locate the feed pipes (thanks to Burstner fitting a small access hatch) and with the use of gaffer tape and a fortuitously carried set of mole grips has temporarily stopped the leak.

We have identified a caravan repair shop in Les Sables-d'Olonne who have a great reputation for helping people out. We're going off to stalk them on Monday, after which we'll update you.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Team GerTee

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The white tap Base has 3 socket in the Base, a hot in, a cold in and a mixed out. (Short black hose with brass threaded fitting that a shower hose / mixer tap is connected to.
The tap output is held on with a similar plastic plug in fitting as the water inlet hoses, so one removes a grub screw and it a plastic fitting with an O ring plugs in / pulls out of the Base and is fixed in when fully seated by the grub screw

OP
OP
GerTee

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Final Update

The tap had died completely and the whole thing needed replacing. Unfortunately, being a 10 year old van, the part had been discontinued. A new tap was fitted which doesn't quite match, but is near enough.

The guys who did the work for us - who we would highly recommend if you need help in the Vendee are:

Loisir-85 (www.loisir-85.com)
11 Rue Henri Farman
85180 Le Chateau D Olonne

E: Loisir-85@Orange.fr
T: 02 51 90 63 93

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread