Upholstery Magicians (12 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
I have an Autosleeper camper the driver and passenger seats of which were upholstered partly in fabric and partly in grey fake leather vinyl. The vinyl was starting to crack and wear on the seat bases probably through the effects of strong sunlight through the windscreen and some remedial action was required. So I contacted the company who produced the original seat coverings to Autosleeper specifications, Relux Furnishings by Premier Furnishings (See their Facebook page) 01159316940. The result was that I went to the workshops by where I was met by Faith, the Relux manager who showed me their huge stock of fabrics. I settled on a very nice Italian leather which we both thought was quite near to the original vinyl colour. During the course of the next day both front seats were removed, the original covers removed and deconstructed and then the leather used to replace the old vinyl, the seats were then re fitted to my camper and I was on my way home mid afternoon. To say I am delighted with the service and the quality of the work and end result is an understatement. Everything was straightforward and since I had arrived the previous day I stayed on their secure parking area overnight with electric hookup. Faith gave me a tour of the various workstations in the workshop which was an interesting insight as to what it takes to produce this high quality work. Relux are not limited to Autosleeper of course, they company number of motorhome/camper manufacturers and converters so whatever make you happen to own, if you need upholstery of the highest quality contact Faith Relux.

Image 3.jpg
manuf

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Faith is great. They now do the upholstery on IH vans and on our last one the underside of one of the cushions that make up the bed had worn through for some reason. We had it replaced on the pair of big cushions just before we sold the van this year.

She welcomed us like old friends. Excellent price as well.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Can we have a ball park figure on price Please.
We have just been quoted £195 each to have 6 dining room chairs at home recovered as the leather on them has peeled :eek: It would be cheaper or the same to replace them with new ones. Apparently its the piping that takes time and costs the most to do, regardless of the fabric.
Many Thanks
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
For clarity, did they just replace the leather section and all other materials were original and reused? And yes what was the 'ballpark' price please?

Apr 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Herald 400RL
We got a quote for £2300 to re-cover our front seats and rear bench seats so be interesting to see how these compare.

OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Can we have a ball park figure on price Please.
We have just been quoted £195 each to have 6 dining room chairs at home recovered as the leather on them has peeled :eek: It would be cheaper or the same to replace them with new ones. Apparently its the piping that takes time and costs the most to do, regardless of the fabric.
Many Thanks
LES
I doubt you can compare the two things but the seats would be £200 each for fabric + £50 each for leather +VAT

Last edited:
OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
For clarity, did they just replace the leather section and all other materials were original and reused? And yes what was the 'ballpark' price please?
They used the original material on the seats and replaced the vinyl with leather which is what I wanted. £250 a seat.+ VAT which I was happy with.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
To redo both our bench seats . The bottom material had worn through was £115 incl VAT. The expensive part was the fact that there are lots of buttons that needed recovering and threading through. We’d looked at getting the one done locally but they couldn’t match the fabric on the buttons and quoted £125 plus VAT for the one. We assumed it was £115 each so could believe the bill when Faith handed it over!

OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Just an observation ............. and you know what you can do as well. (y)
I posted an honest revue which I thought might help someone in the same situation as I was, the photo was taken by the manager at the factory and I copied it from her Facebook post. I am really sorry if the quality of the image is not to your exacting standards although I would have thought that any sensible observer may have realised that the picture might have lost something in transmission whilst at the same time concentrating on the subject matter i.e. the seats which are very clearly displayed.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
I'm guessing the picture is deliberately focused on the seats? Isn't there a technique whereby they unfocus the background?

Anyway, looks like a great job (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back