Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Dunfermline Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Eventually
Exp
Hi all,

I'm a middle-age man with the 'wanderlust', and am not only planning to convert a van into a comfortable abode; but also planning to live in it permanently both in the UK and Europe.

This may sound ambitious but if I don't do it now I will always wonder what I am missing - if anything.

No firm plans as yet; but hundreds of questions; but I reckon that i'll be ready to start by the end of March of this year. I'm planning to start off WWOOFING in the UK to break up the initial 12 months and then the same in Germany; all whilst working on an creating my future home. I could work on it before I leave; but what fun would that be....

Anyway, looking forward to talking with you all; especially the full-timers.

Stacker

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi all,

I'm a middle-age man with the 'wanderlust', and am not only planning to convert a van into a comfortable abode; but also planning to live in it permanently both in the UK and Europe.

This may sound ambitious but if I don't do it now I will always wonder what I am missing - if anything.

No firm plans as yet; but hundreds of questions; but I reckon that i'll be ready to start by the end of March of this year. I'm planning to start off WWOOFING in the UK to break up the initial 12 months and then the same in Germany; all whilst working on an creating my future home. I could work on it before I leave; but what fun would that be....

Anyway, looking forward to talking with you all; especially the full-timers.

Stacker
Sounds like a plan ! Do post updates of your progress both on the build and travel :)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Welcome to the forum.
You might want to look at the implications of living full-time touring in Europe post Brexit.
Schengen member countries allow of only 90 days stay in any 180.
It's a murky minefield at the moment and nobody knows when there will be any clarification.

OP
OP
Blanket Stacker

Blanket Stacker

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Dunfermline Scotland
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Eventually
Exp
Welcome to the forum.
You might want to look at the implications of living full-time touring in Europe post Brexit.
Schengen member countries allow of only 90 days stay in any 180.
It's a murky minefield at the moment and nobody knows when there will be any clarification.

That's a good point. I've just looked at the .GOV.UK website and it has this to say (Crown Copyright Reserved);

Progress in the negotiations: citizens’ rights

The Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration on the future relationship between the UK and EU were both endorsed by EU leaders at a special meeting of the European Council on 25 November 2018. Parliament will be asked to decide whether to accept or reject the deal the Government has negotiated.

If approved, the Withdrawal Agreement will secure the rights of 1 million UK nationals living in the EU.

The signed Agreement will provide certainty for you as a UK national and your family living in the EU. Most importantly, it will allow you to stay in the EU country where you are living after the UK leaves the EU on 29 March 2019.

The Agreement also sets out the terms for a time-limited implementation period that will start on 30 March 2019 and last until 31 December 2020. This means that all UK nationals lawfully residing in another EU Member State on 31 December 2020 will be covered by the Withdrawal Agreement.

During the Implementation Period, as a UK national you will be able to visit, live and work in the EU broadly as you do now. If you currently live in the EU and want to move to a different Member State, you will be able to continue to do so during the Implementation Period.

UK nationals and their families covered by the Agreement:

• will continue to have broadly the same access to healthcare, pensions and other benefits as they currently do

• will be able to leave their EU country of residence for up to 5 years without losing their right to return, if they have acquired the relevant residency status
UK nationals and their families covered by the Agreement should note that:

• EU countries may require you as a UK national and your family members covered by the agreement to apply for a residency document or status conferring the right of residence

• administrative procedures for these applications will be transparent, smooth and streamlined

• where an application is required to obtain status, you will have until at least 6 months after the end of the Implementation Period to submit their applications

• residence documents will be issued free of charge or for a charge not exceeding that imposed on nationals for the issuing of similar documents (such as passports)

• if you hold, before the end of the Implementation Period, a valid permanent residence document or a valid domestic immigration document conferring a permanent right to reside, you will be able to exchange it for a new residence document free of charge. You may need to provide proof of identity and undergo criminality and security checks.

• new administrative procedures or changes to existing administrative procedures will be decided by each EU country. We will publish details of these administrative procedures in our Living in country guides as soon as it becomes available.

There is a lot of information including details of the Withdrawal Agreement at https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...articles-6-8-on-the-northern-ireland-protocol

Stacker

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.