Uk touring..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
So we are off tomorrow, touring around Norfolk, then up to Scotland then to North Yorkshire Coast, Whitby to Filey.. whoo hooo..
pretty says I should buy some whisky in Scotland, taking my Johnny Walker 12 year old duty free doesn’t seem right??? After all I’m not taking Yorkshire puddings to Whitby??? Or crabs to Cromer???.
Are we on the same planet!
Anyway back to touring.. mmm Cromer on the Norfolk coast… fresh seafood, fresh air lovely views. Can’t wait. I’m gonna be doing a lot of walking, I’ve tested everything, and everything is working, nothings dropping off, that’s the Moho not me..the fridge and freezer are on, the 12.5% fresh water will go in tomorrow, all our kit is ironed, not the bedding though! The food packed, her pink champagne from Carrefour Calais is safe, I have full gas a big and a small. I’ve even had the central heating pumping out a billion therms so we will be snug as bugs at night, we are taking our heated blankets in case it’s cold!
Aye up it’s great this retirement lark… oh yeah I got my bus pass the other day, whoo hoo I’ll be on that free bus at 9.31 on 14 July.. 10 years I’ve been retired and had to wait so long for something for nowt!
Went to the doctors for my yearly blood test, yep blood came out after they stuck a bloody big needle in me! BP126/78.. heart, yes I have one it’s not a swinging brick! 76 bpm. Brain check, yep that went south a long time ago.. they tested to see if I’m senile, they said what’s your address, I gave the right one, they said, who is our prime minister, I said a brain dead clone of Tony Blair, they said you’re fine see you next year.
So off tomorrow, no more searching Moho showrooms, I’ll be able to have a slug of my duty free…. Mmmm Johnny walker.. 12 years old 2 litres £24 DFDS duty free .. insane..

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Enjoy! Hope the weather improves. There's a few decent cliffs in North Norfolk if the Kon-Tiki doesn't behave :rofl:

What is 12.5% water.
:unsure:
Is it that dehydrated stuff :rolleyes::LOL:

OP
OP
our poppy llll
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Whoo hoo it’s raining in Cromer, well it’s intermittently drizzling. But hey, I don’t care, the fridge is working its freezin cold in there, the freezer is working, all the frozen lamb and chicken is frozen too.
The water is instantly hot, the central heating is working, 18c inside 15c outside.. the van is on 4 hydraulic jacks it’s flat and stable. The cooker cooked our salmon and broccoli fish cakes for lunch without any problem.
And yes you won’t believe it, we set off got on the a500 and the #&@ satnav stopped working. We turned it off we got to the first lay-by on the A50 and the *&£#&*@ thing started working! Argggh it’s so frustrating. It got us here that’s the main thing.
The drive was a bit noisy and the pot holes every 5 feet, has Britain run out of Tarmac? but it only took 4h39 mins..
Anyway we arrived at Manor Farm, the reception is new and we were sorted in less than 30 seconds. We got to our pitch, pitched up on a lovely position staring out to sea..
the garage was the same as when we set off. The beer stored in there, is nice and cold, only 3 days and I can use my bus pass. 66.. So Sunday we’ll hit a bar, I can get pleasantly tipsy we’ll look for a great restaurant eat our bellies full and watch England bring home that football. That’s that football that’s been coming home for years..
In all life is sweet. Yes it is.

OP
OP
our poppy llll
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
The con! Tiki measures water in percentages, you have, 12.5% full, 25% full, 50% full 75% full 100% full and turn the bloody hose pipe off it’s over flowing% full.

Strangely it does more mpg when the thing is bursting at the seams full of water fresh and grey, diesel, adblue, 1005 kg of stuff, me, pretty, several handbags 20 pairs of shoes, 20 cases of Wine, 12 bottles Gin, 12 bottles Johnny Walker.. litre bottles .. ground zero 4976 kgs. Yes I know, but they told me it was plated at 5 tonne and we went nuts..
now we are more restrained, after we got the V5… we still load the whisky we do 6 bottles of pink champagne, she likes that.. last weigh in was 4002kgs.. she’s plated at 4500kgs..

OP
OP
our poppy llll
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
It’s raining now, but only just started. All morning it’s been cool and windy, but no rain, the sky has been Its usual grey. But the central heating is on and I still have nearly a whole bottle of Johnny Walker 12 year old.
We walked down the lane this morning through the housing estate into Cromer, had a nosy at the shops, a long walk around the town and had fish and chips for lunch. £33.00 small cod and chips with mushy peas and 2 x £2.00 milkshakes, more like flavoured milk, horrid stuff. Not a bit like milk shakes.
Still a little shot of whisky saw it off..
So after 15,174 steps a full belly and a slugg of the scotch, I might have 40 winks…
Mmmmm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
our poppy llll
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Right we got home, that was lovely, nowt fell of the van, everything worked, even the sat nav got us home.
It rained, it thunderstormed, it was dark and gloomy. No buses, but the food was good. Because of the very bad weather, the games and books got a good work out, and we were very comfortable, the bed especially, plus it was very warm with the central heating. Lovely site, bit of a hike uphill from Cromer.
So we are now preparing to go Scotland and go to Whitby from there! Yes we are trying different combinations.
I don’t thrust the Kon Tiki, but I’m giving it a fair whack. I am still off the mind to change it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Right we got home, that was lovely, nowt fell of the van, everything worked, even the sat nav got us home.
It rained, it thunderstormed, it was dark and gloomy. No buses, but the food was good. Because of the very bad weather, the games and books got a good work out, and we were very comfortable, the bed especially, plus it was very warm with the central heating. Lovely site, bit of a hike uphill from Cromer.
So we are now preparing to go Scotland and go to Whitby from there! Yes we are trying different combinations.
I don’t thrust the Kon Tiki, but I’m giving it a fair whack. I am still off the mind to change it.
We where all convinced that change was inevitable 🤷🏻‍♂️, we like change because that means more reviews of yet another shiny motorhome lol😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back