Tyre Pressures (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 7, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner 726G
Morning
New owner here, Ixeo Time 726G 55 Edition

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can find correct tyre pressures for this model? The manual seems to only refer to a standard 726G and if I've understood correctly these are 3500kg but the 55 edition has the plate upgrade to 3850kg. Mine also has very slightly different profile tyres than listed in the standard manual.

When purchased they had approx 80psi which seemed a tiny bit high, from web research I thought 75 might be more correct but I'd love to find some official Burstner documentation listing the exact size tyres I have.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks
Craig

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
You will not find a definitive answer written down apart from 80PSI all round. Load the van as though ready to travel and take it to a weighbridge. Get the axle weights and then contact the tyre manufacturer with the size and profile of the tyres. The will tell you what the best weight is for your van, loaded your way and with teh tyres as fitted.

All that said, I run mine a few PSI below the optimum to give a less harsh ride.

Edit to add.... Sorry forgot to make you welcome. :welcome4:

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Get the axle weights and then contact the tyre manufacturer with the size and profile of the tyres. The will tell you what the best weight is for your van, loaded your way and with teh tyres as fitted.
There is a very useful website that can give accurate tyre pressures based on axle weights.
https://www.tyresafe.org/motorhome-tyre-pressure/

Our preference is 80 psi rear and 65 psi front.

Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Mine is 65psi rear 60psi front. The van came new with those pressures and I've maintained them for 10years with no problems or adverse wear. Ready for some new ones next year, the fronts have only got a couple of mill left.
Van is a 3.3t coachbuilt with scooter carrier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back