Tyre Pressure Monitoring unavailable (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
I keep getting the "Tyre Pressure Monitoring unavailable" warning notice and a subsequent yellow warning light on the dashboard. (Peugeot 335 Boxer cab) It comes on at every start up. It used to trip on occasionally if I hit a pothole, and would go out after a few miles. Now its on at every start-up. It was supposed to have been rectified under warranty a few years ago but now reappears. Tyre pressures are all set correctly. Does anybody know if and how to turn off this function. Its bugging me.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
If you have it then best get the garage to investigate. Warns you early of puncture And some.monitor temperature to show you a sticking brake caliper.

OP
OP
Arnside037
Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
As said previously, they've been repaired once already under warranty. Cant afford money or time to get them replaced repeatedly.

Aug 2, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey SE 76-2T
Exp
Since 2016
This is not an easy one to fix.
The direct tpms system fitted to peugeot,Citroën and fiat models is not great and even main dealer garages find it difficult to diagnose never mind fix.
I have had this issue on my 2020 bailey boxer and even about 5 times into Main dealer under warranty has not fixed it. It comes on less times now and generally goes out within a minute or so but is still there. I have had replacement control unit and various software upgrades as well. I purchased multiecuscan software and done some digging myself. I recon the problem is the actual sensor in the tyres being the problem. One tyre sensor in particular kept on coming up with intermittent fault and I replaced it. Since then it has never brought up a fault.

I think that the batteries in the tyre sensors may be low and not transmitting properly sometimes and that is why the warning light is so sporadic.
Anyway good luck.

James

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Most economical solution may be a stand alone kit from Amazon or wherever. Mine cost me about £40. You replace the dust cap with a new and larger one containing battery and hardware (but weighing little) and I have a solar VDU inside the windscreen. The instructions were crap but I got it sorted.
So I have individual tyre pressure plus low and high pressure and temperature alarms. The readouts are consistent if not 100% accurate when compared to my posh tyre pressure gauge.

Not had them long enough (4 months) to comment on battery life. Easy enough to replace the button batteries and a darn site cheaper than accessing something inside each tyre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey SE 76-2T
Exp
Since 2016
Unfortunately this wouldn't stop the warning light coming on.
No way to write the tpms out of the vehicle either.

Unless someone knows different!!

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Is it possible to remove the unit then run a proxi align thus removing the factory system replace with tyrepal or alternative.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back