Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay conv
Exp
1 yearer
Hi,
My Truma e unit works fine when connected to the mains but when I disconnect it the Truma CP displays several fault codes but mainly W407 H. This tells me to connect to mains supply. The functions (heating/hotwater) still works anyway so can I ignore this warning code? Otherwise I don't understand how I am going to be off grid for the odd day or so with this problem? Can someone enlighten me please?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
bolicam

bolicam

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay conv
Exp
1 yearer
Thanks Jonno, Yes it is a 4E and that seems to have done the trick. Although that means if I run out of gas during an off grid outing, I’m up the creek I guess? I take it the leisure battery isn’t for heating and hot water?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Thanks Jonno, Yes it is a 4E and that seems to have done the trick. Although that means if I run out of gas during an off grid outing, I’m up the creek I guess? I take it the leisure battery isn’t for heating and hot water?
As far as I know the leisure battery only controls the heater, not supplying the power for heating or water. That is mains or gas only. If you run out of gas you will be up the creek as you say.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Yes that’s correct David & Sally, we had exactly this problem, battery power will not run your heating it’s not strong enough. So run out of gas then your knackered 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bolicam

bolicam

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay conv
Exp
1 yearer
I take it you have a Combi 4E or Combi 6E? You need to switch it to gas only.
As I say this cleared the fault code Jonno :giggle: but I am now wondering why there are 5 options of power source on the Truma CP. If gas is used when off grid and EL1or EL2 when hooked up, what are the two mix options best for? Surely if you're hooked up, you wouldn't want to use the gas in order to save it for off grid adventures?

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
As I say this cleared the fault code Jonno :giggle: but I am now wondering why there are 5 options of power source on the Truma CP. If gas is used when off grid and EL1or EL2 when hooked up, what are the two mix options best for? Surely if you're hooked up, you wouldn't want to use the gas in order to save it for off grid adventures?
Yes in this case if quite cold you can use a it on gas to heat up quicker then if on hookup (gas always heats quicker then leccy) and once at temp the switch back to just EL2 hookup can keep it there.
Saves on gas.

To set your fuel source, toggle over to the fuel source icon (gas tank/lighting icon) and press select. All Truma Combi’s are equipped with a gas/propane function. If you have a Combi eco plus model or Combi comfort plus model you also have the option to use MIX 1 mode or MIX 2 mode which utilize both gas and electric. You also have the option to use two Electric modes: EL 1 which uses 850 watts or EL 2 which uses 1700 watts. Once you’ve made your selection, press the toggle switch.

Using your Truma Combi in Mixed mode

The Combi eco plus and Combi comfort plus models allow you to heat your furnace and hot water using both heating and propane in MIX mode. If there is an error on the propane side, the electric mode will take over to compensate. If there is an error on the electric side, the propane will take over to compensate.

To gain access to MIX mode, turn the toggle switch and select the fuel source icon and then press select. Press select again to gain access to MIX 1 mode which uses both gas and electric at 850 watts. MIX 2 mode uses both gas and electric at 1700 watts.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bolicam

bolicam

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay conv
Exp
1 yearer
Righto gotcha, I can stop fretting now!
Many thanks everyone
Bob

Upvote 0

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
The main advantage of mix mode is so you dont get them annoying errors and lock outs when the electric or the gas runs out, it just switches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
With the Combi 4, gas will give you 2000w or 4000w. With the Combi 4E you'll get the same 2kw or 4kw on gas alone, 900w or 1800w on electric hook up or when both power sources are chosen a max output of 3.8kw.

Remember too that many Euro sites only have 6amp hook up and initial water heating on electric can take as much as 6.5amps, some have been rated at nearly 8 amps before settling down to maintain the water or heat temps which on average then consumes around 1.2 -1.5 amps.. These outputs are the same for both the 4E & 6E.

Upvote 0

P J T

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa

Upvote 0

P J T

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa
Yes a big thanks from me as well, saved me a lot of trouble. 🙏

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun