Trials of getting a new to me van (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
So we got our Dethleffs Trend 7057 I EB A Class Auto on a 22 plate with 32 K on the clock and we are due to go away in 21 days of which I am working 14 of them and recovering from nights on 2 of them.

We have come across 2 issues already and all we have done is drive it home, but its not stressy (yet) just challenging, but after number 2 problem I thought I had better keep a log, just in case we have only reached the tip of the iceberg.

We are also upgrading a number of things, reckoning on £4,500 to 5,000. Bolded what we intend to achieve before 23rd August which in reality is 18th August.
400 watts of solar will be going up
280 ah of "underseat" Fogstar discounted lithium (Thanks to Guigsy for informative thread) En route as I type
3000 sine inverter
LPG

TV ariel
Reversing cameras
Dashcam fitting
Spare wheel underneath (probably)
Alarm and Tracker
Semi air and uprate

Our first issue was on the way home after picking it up. As soon as we got on the M25 the offside wing mirror was flapping in the breeze meaning I couldnt pull out into an outside lane, which made it an interesting journey home, but we made it and tightened up a couple of bolts and all is good.
Today the alarm fitter came round to have a quick shifty before next week and the offside habitation door does not show on the dashboard if it is open but central locking working perfectly. Joined the Dethleffs owners group and got a quick answer of probably micro switch and contact dealer (done) and awaiting a reply, but it makes the fitting of the alarm an issue if the wires arent connecting but there are work arounds including making it a PIR. I ve taken a quick look at taking the panel apart and decided against it. So I may have to run it up to the dealer before the alarm gets done or discuss other options such as put a PIR on the door and I ll bring it back and point the PIR somewhere else and add the door alarm after they have fixed it.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
So we got our Dethleffs Trend 7057 I EB A Class Auto on a 22 plate with 32 K on the clock and we are due to go away in 21 days of which I am working 14 of them and recovering from nights on 2 of them.

We have come across 2 issues already and all we have done is drive it home, but its not stressy (yet) just challenging, but after number 2 problem I thought I had better keep a log, just in case we have only reached the tip of the iceberg.

We are also upgrading a number of things, reckoning on £4,500 to 5,000. Bolded what we intend to achieve before 23rd August which in reality is 18th August.
400 watts of solar will be going up
280 ah of "underseat" Fogstar discounted lithium (Thanks to Guigsy for informative thread) En route as I type
3000 sine inverter
LPG

TV ariel
Reversing cameras
Dashcam fitting
Spare wheel underneath (probably)
Alarm and Tracker
Semi air and uprate

Our first issue was on the way home after picking it up. As soon as we got on the M25 the offside wing mirror was flapping in the breeze meaning I couldnt pull out into an outside lane, which made it an interesting journey home, but we made it and tightened up a couple of bolts and all is good.
Today the alarm fitter came round to have a quick shifty before next week and the offside habitation door does not show on the dashboard if it is open but central locking working perfectly. Joined the Dethleffs owners group and got a quick answer of probably micro switch and contact dealer (done) and awaiting a reply, but it makes the fitting of the alarm an issue if the wires arent connecting but there are work arounds including making it a PIR. I ve taken a quick look at taking the panel apart and decided against it. So I may have to run it up to the dealer before the alarm gets done or discuss other options such as put a PIR on the door and I ll bring it back and point the PIR somewhere else and add the door alarm after they have fixed it.
Do you mean aa sensor on the door? On our old dethleffs the same issue occurred so alarm fitter added a sensor and all worked well, got the door mended later.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Do you mean aa sensor on the door? On our old dethleffs the same issue occurred so alarm fitter added a sensor and all worked well, got the door mended later.
The micro switch is inside the door panel and they were hoping to run into that and the central locking, but cant do that if it aint working.
A new sensor on the door would also be a work around but it wont be wired into the central locking key system (is my understanding of it)

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Couple of more minor issues resolved.

We have a void above the large fridge/freezer with a cupboard door with no handle. We sort of knew the pre wiring for solar, satellite and rear camera were there but couldnt work out how to get in there. It has a clip on either side about halfway up and trim remover is ideal to put underneath the "door" and pull forward and hey ho the wires are there.

We have achieved everything in bold above and still waiting for 350 watts of solar to arrive as the mounts havent arrived at Callidus yet. I only have a 12 hour period on Wednesday before night shift so unlikely to get that done but the Fogstar 280 ah of lithium went under the seat on its side and when plugged in is actually 304 ah. For the moment the inverter sits above the drivers well (RHD) under the cupboard and feeds a double socket with double USB and a currently not working remote panel for the inverter (which was our fault it broke)

3 computer type fridge fans were fitted (we have seen the weather forecast for Provence) and we thought the above void would supply the 12 volt but no joy. It was taken from the 12 volt tv point and run up to the void then pushed through the foam. A switch was placed between the control panel and the thermometer above the door.

Satnav positioning and dashcam required some thought today and in the end we had to go with double sided sticky round things from Amazon to put on the front console for the sat nav and from underneath the overhead bed for the dashcam.

Now she is loaded with 75% water, 2 Ebikes, awning, lithium, 75% diesel, 11 and 6 kg gas, but no food or clothing, I just weighed her and she is coming in at 3244 kgs (1468 front 1776 rear) with me to add onto the front so 3324.
I need to add Solar (20kgs) spare tyre (20kgs) Clothing (40kgs) food (50kgs) for future top weight of still under 3500kgs which is really surprising.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Now she is loaded with 75% water, 2 Ebikes, awning, lithium, 75% diesel, 11 and 6 kg gas, but no food or clothing, I just weighed her and she is coming in at 3244 kgs (1468 front 1776 rear) with me to add onto the front so 3324.
I need to add Solar (20kgs) spare tyre (20kgs) Clothing (40kgs) food (50kgs) for future top weight of still under 3500kgs which is really surprising.
But not Mrs SC? :unsure: :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back